Strange experience in FingerPrinting

honeybee

Registered Users (C)
All,

I had my fingerprinting in LA on Saturday. They were taking fingerprinting for all the candidates on compputer. But when my turn came, they took me seperate and took my fingerprint using black ink and put it on paper. When I asked them why I am not been taken to computer fingerprinting, they told me that they don't have enough computers ( though some computers were lying there up and running and unused). Even my wife has gone through computer fingerprint. Does it has any negative impact on my processing.

Please advice.

Thanks,
-Honeybee
:(

dude!!
there is nothing that you can do about it anyway. maybe they would scan the paper with your fingerprints, if your online status is updated , you should be fine

Same thing happened to me. My wife got her fingerprintins taken at the computer while I got mine taken the old fashion way with paper and ink. The result was that two weeks later my wife's finger prints were accepted while I had to go back to re take my finger prints.

All,

My spouse status has been updated to FP received on April 1, 2004 but my status is still showing that they posted the FP notice.

Do I need to start worrying as they have taken my Finger Prints not by Computer but manually by ink.

Al2,
Can you please post your experience how you proceeded for doing fingerprinting again.

Any input is appreciated.

Thanks,
-Honeybee

:(

in the first year of college we were assprinted (during non-business hours in the hostel). INS should also start this... probably this could put a check on terrorists...

honeybee

FBI takes longer time to clear finger prints taken on paper. The normal trun ariund time for computer finger prints is 1-2 days, but for paper it is much longer than that. So I think you should wait for some more time, instead of FP again.

pointerToGC,

Thank you for your advice. I will probably wait for some more days.

Thanks,
-Honeybee

Nothing to worry about. I think they are just doing sampling with different methods. My friend got ink and her husband got computer for fingerprinting. It just happend that when it's her turn, the ink line was open and the computer lines were not. She asked the QA there about this. The QA said for some people with very faint prints, like elder people who used hands alot and certain ethnic group, the computers are not as good as the ink and they will use ink only for those people. By the way, her fingerprint was cleared in one week! I don't think it is nesscessary true that computer fingerprinting are faster. It all depends on FBI.