Strange BC RFE - Please provide some help

goni

Registered Users (C)
I have receibed this big BC RFE, which reads like:

" Submit any secondary evidence in your possession to support your date of birth. Secondary evidence will be evaluated for authenticity and credibility. Affidavits may be accepted provided that you submit AT LEAST TWO and they are sworn to by persons who were born at the time of and who have personal knowledge of the event to which they attest. Any affidavits must contain the affiant's full name and address, date and place of birth, relationship to the party on whose behalf they are attesting, if any, and complete details concerning how the affiant acquired knowledge of the event"

I submitted an affidavit from my Father along with a non-avaliability certificate (for the birth registration). Do you think I should have submitted one affidavit from my mother too? What other forms of secondary evidence do you think would suffice? I have a secondary school certificate that has my DOB. Do my drivers licence, passport copy etc help also? Please advice.

Thanks

goni said:
I submitted an affidavit from my Father along with a non-avaliability certificate (for the birth registration). Do you think I should have submitted one affidavit from my mother too? What other forms of secondary evidence do you think would suffice? I have a secondary school certificate that has my DOB. Do my drivers licence, passport copy etc help also? Please advice.

Thanks
You should have submitted two affidavits and a non-avaliability certificate.
Dumb lawyers often verify these elemetary items.

Yeah - send 2 affidavits. Also for secondary evidence, "older" documents are preferred.

So if you have a early school certificate with DOB and say a current US DL -- its better to send the school cert.

Need advice

I have recieved the same RFE. I had submitted a birth certificate that was registered in 2002, reason being while translating

I am going to submit the affidavit and school leaving certificate. Can anyone provide format of affidavit that has been used succesfully in the recent past.

Thanks
feb_2003
I485 RD Feb 2003
FP2 Nov 2004
RFE Issued Jan 8, 2005