Still waiting for a reciept after almost a month..

sr_jinka

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

My attorney, supposedly, mailed my i140 and i485 in mid novembre (possibly around the 15th... it's very hard to get a clear answer from him) but so far I have not recieved a reply from the USCIS nor have they withdrawn the application fee from my account.

Is anyone else whose application was filed in novembre facing this problem? What're my options here?

sr_jinka,
I am assuming that you paid for the application fees, since you say "nor have they withdrawn the application fee from my account" If you have filled in and submitted (i think) a G 28 form, (notice of appearance) then all correspondence will be with your attorney so don't expect any reply from USCIS to you directly.
We (spouse and I) mailed our applications in mid Nov and our notice date was almost 3 weeks later. We did not get the (again, i think it's called) notice of action until 5 weeks from date of mailing .. so do not worry, you are probably ok, its the holiday season, so by default everything will be moving at half speed..
hope this helps.

sr_jinka;

This is what happened to my application (I140, I485);

Lawyer sent (thru Fed Ex) the applicaiton on day1.
USCIS withdrew money from my bank on day3. (they are very quick with this)
Lawyer received EAD/AP/I140/I485 application receipts within Day 15.
Lawyer farwarded me the receipts on Day20.

Don't trust the lawyer. They tend to delay things like it doesnot matter.

The only suggestion that I can give you is to watch for the the checks to clear in your bank. USCIS will clear checks very fast.

If it is taking too long, it is time to act (ask lawyer when exactly he sent the application, or better make your company's HR call up the lawyer to find this info).

Called the uscis today and informed them of my situation. The immigration officer I spoke with was so helpful -- he advised me to wait two more weeks and then re-file. :mad:

You'd think there'd be some way to check on applications that the center has already recieved but no NOA has been sent out.

Hi Guys ,

I got my receipts after 8 weeks and for some of my friends they got after 10 weeks. So relax.

140 Processing time for concurrent filing in VSC

Hi,

I have filed 140/485/EAD/AP on Substituted LC (under EB3 ) on dec 21st at VSC. Any body have an idea of how long it takes for 140 approval in VSC for concurrently filed applications. .

A friend of mine said that they are processing 140 faster for non concurrent processing only and for concurrent filing they are linking the 140 processing with 485 . is this true ??? I was wondering if some one is in the same stage as mine . if so please let me know.

Thanks
Ravi.

Last edited by a moderator:
vaasista said:
My daughter application was mailed on 18th NOV.
I am also waiting for receipts.

I received the receipt from attorney showing that the AP application was received on Nov 10th and Notice date as Nov 12th.

Probably the attorney might have sent it in the first week of Nov.

140 receipt notice

Vaasista,

So, it took 6 - 7 weeks for you to get a receipt? Is it normal with everyone that 140 receipt is taking long time?

thanks

I'm not sure what's normal with the uscis.

Another person whose application was filed on Nov 8th got their reciept by Nov 23rd.

i am also waiting for the receipts

mine were sent on Dec 23rd and no receipts so for nor my cheques are cashed . i am just waiting anxiously.

Ravi.

Mine were sent on Dec 23rd as well. So far I have received case number for I140 however have not received case numbers for I1485 EAD etc. Even the checks are not deposited. Hopefully they will do it soon.

Thanks for the reply Member 77

I spoke to my attorney today and i was told that he has not received the receipt for 140 also . i am worried if i have made the date of dec 30th or not . i hope i will get a receipt no soon.

Thanks
Ravi.

Hi member77,
Your case was sent on Dec 23 - when did it reach VSC ?
What is your ND ?

member77 said:
Mine were sent on Dec 23rd as well. So far I have received case number for I140 however have not received case numbers for I1485 EAD etc. Even the checks are not deposited. Hopefully they will do it soon.

tpal

i filled for my GC in VSC on 20 dec 2004 ,still waiting for receipts for all the forms 765,485,AP,140...
even my checks are not deposited yet .can any one tell me how long it will take to get my checks deposited so i can get at least receipt no from the back of my checks.

thank you

tpal

do you know the maximum days taken by anybody to get the check deposited and to get the receipt no.

thanks