Steps Involved in citizenship?

pjosh

Registered Users (C)
Gurus,

Could somebody post all the Steps involved in this whole process? We have FAQs and lots of other threads. But nothing like STEPS for beginners.
Thx in advance.

pjosh
applicant N400 in Cincinnati
app. date : Oct 10 , 2005
Received : Oct. 13 , 2005
FP Scheduled : Nov. 8 , 2005

There is really nothing to it. You already got your FP apppointment. Go take those. Then wait for the interview appointment. The interview includes the civic test, so study for that. At the end of the interview you'll be told whether you passed the test. Keep your fingers crossed that your FBI name check is cleared by then. If you passed the test and the name checked is cleared, you are most probably gonna be recommended to be come a citizen (unless something's wrong with your application). If your name check isn't cleared... then the wait will begin. Nobody knows how long. Could be a month, could be two months or could be.... who knows. But don't worry about it till you get there.

K

Thx For Info. Do we need to carry anything for FP ? Do they ask anything at that time ?

pjosh said:
Thx For Info. Do we need to carry anything for FP ? Do they ask anything at that time ?
They will not ask you anything much. You will, however, need to fill out a simple form, if I remeber correctly from my own experience.

fitness99 said:
Your green card, appointment letter and your 10 fingers :D

If you have a spare finger, bring that one too. When I was taking my finger prints, the machine adamantly insisted that the middle finger on my left hand was a wrong finger...

<insert your middle finger joke here>

:)