Steps after Initial Assesment

m.anderson

Registered Users (C)
Hi there,

I’m currently in the U.S. Applied for Federal skilled worker after feb 2008. My occupation is not on the hot 38 list. My company transferred me to Canada to work on a project for few months so my company got me a Canadian work permit, which made me qualify for Canadian PR. Last week I received Initial Assessment (request for medicals and records) without an interview. My question is the following:

1- Since i have a valid work permit until April 2010, do i have to finish everything before then (since my PR application was accepted because i have a work permit)? In other words, if I get my passport stamped by CIC, will the officer at the port of entry in Canada checks if I have a valid LMO in order to complete the landing process? Please let me know.

2-Also I recently got married and my wife is still back home (not with me in the U.S yet). Should I inform CIC that I’m married now at this stage and will this complicate things since my wife is not with me? Will Initial Assessment start all over again? Please advise what to do here.

Thank you

Hi there,

I’m currently in the U.S. Applied for Federal skilled worker after feb 2008. My occupation is not on the hot 38 list. My company transferred me to Canada to work on a project for few months so my company got me a Canadian work permit, which made me qualify for Canadian PR. Last week I received Initial Assessment (request for medicals and records) without an interview. My question is the following:

1- Since i have a valid work permit until April 2010, do i have to finish everything before then (since my PR application was accepted because i have a work permit)? In other words, if I get my passport stamped by CIC, will the officer at the port of entry in Canada checks if I have a valid LMO in order to complete the landing process? Please let me know.

2-Also I recently got married and my wife is still back home (not with me in the U.S yet). Should I inform CIC that I’m married now at this stage and will this complicate things since my wife is not with me? Will Initial Assessment start all over again? Please advise what to do here.

Thank you

1. In order for your application to be accepted you need to have something called ARRANGED EMPLOYMENT, which means the company you are working for on your work permit needs to write a letter saying they intend to hire you permanently once you have your PR. In this case the validity of your LMO doesn't make a difference. But if you didn't attach any letter from your company to prove that they will employ you after you get PR then your application might be refused because your job is not on the list and you have no Arranged employment.

2. Yes she needs to be added to the application and undergo medical examination and police clearance & background/security checks.

By the way, I would HURRY with the letter from your employer and get it to CIC as fast as possible (make sure you specify that you are sending it to them to claim "Arranged Employment".