Status

g_m111

Registered Users (C)
Hi all

There are 4-5 Canadian consulates in the US. I have been checking some of them online, it is just the Detroit one that shows File numbers waiting for either visa issuance, or interviews, or inactive files etc. Are the file numbers shown on any other center website too that I am missing.

I applied in December 2001
Got the file number on 28th Jan 2002

No news uptil now, and my US visa expires in May, I think I am in a bad situation, please advise any possible solutions that can keep me in the US, or what will happen to my file , if I move to India.

Thanks

hi

hi,

u should be getting a reply by last part of Jan'2003 or Feb'2003... since ur visa expires on May, u may receive your final assessment b4 that, and u might be asked to do FBI fingerprinting and also medical...

annies

g_m111 - no worries buddy....

i am not sure of the time line of when you will get your assessment or any communication from buffalo. if you can get the communications from buffalo to say a friends address in the US and you can respond back, you dont have to transfer your application to india. unless you need an interview, you should be okay. and but you can still do your medicals in india if at all you move back to india.

this forum is really useful and keep checking this and post any of your questions in doubt. good luck with your application process.

Thanks cnatar02

But what If I am in India and I get the interview call. Then I will have to either transfer my file ( which would take anywhere from 4-8 months ) or come to the US to give the interview. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

you are right about that. if you need an interview then, your best bet is to try for a US visitor visa. as long as you have a letter from the canadian folks, i don't think you should have a problem getting a visitor visa. in the meantime, just make sure you don't over stay in the US beyond your stipulated visa duration. if you do that, i don't think you will have any problem in getting a visitor visa for your interview.

transferring your application to india is going to take a lot of time - about 2/3 years is the time it takes now, i guess. so hope you don't require an interview or see your options, evaluate them and act accordingly. let the forum know if you have any more questions. good luck to you.