Status Received

TheyStink

Registered Users (C)
What does the status "Received" mean? Does it mean that FP is done and everything is ready to be processed sometime between now and gazillion years or does it simply mean that they have received the application? I did my FP in May.
Thanks!

On July 6, 2004, the fingerprints for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were collected and are pending review ( This is for my wife )

On July 8, 2004, the results of your fingerprint review for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were received, and processing has resumed on your case. We will mail you a notice if further action is needed, or when a decision is made ( This is for me )

Any idea about these two messages.

This is what it says on their website:

Application Type: I140, IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR ALIEN WORKER

Current Status:

Your I140 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR ALIEN WORKER was received on December 17, 2003. We mailed you a receipt with information about processing. It is taking between 150 and 180 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete.

TheyStink said:
What does the status "Received" mean? Does it mean that FP is done and everything is ready to be processed sometime between now and gazillion years or does it simply mean that they have received the application? I did my FP in May.
Thanks![/QUOTE

It is just RD, since you did FP you will probably have status change "FP received.... etc." in your I-485 on line status, but not in I-140 online status. I hope you get both approved soon (many late 2003 RDs already are).

It is just RD, since you did FP you will probably have status change "FP received.... etc." in your I-485 on line status, but not in I-140 online status. I hope you get both approved soon (many late 2003 RDs already are).[/QUOTE]

Thanks Stonewell. My I-485 says the following:
Current Status:
Your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status was received on December 17, 2003. We mailed you a receipt with information about processing. It is taking between 570 and 600 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete.
I did my Fingerprinting in beginning of May. Should I be concerned?

TheyStink,

I have seen different posts about that in this form - some people get the online message about "FP results received... process resumed", and nothing happens after that for months (my case - just stuck there), some people never got a change in online status - and got aprrovals in snail mail... do not worry.