Status Changed WAC 02-138****

CanMan

Registered Users (C)
I did an on-line lookup at BCIS and got this message:

Receipt Number: wac02138xxxx

Application Type: I485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

Current Status:

On July 17, 2003, we transferred your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status to an office in SAN FRANCISCO, CA for processing.

Is This good news????? What does it mean for my processing time??? What triggers this???

Thanks!

CanMan

CanMan

It means you will be interview by that local office before your application could be approved. Trying contacting that office to find out how long it usually takes them to schedule an interview once they receive the applicant's file from the the CSC (California service center). Just be patient, everything will be Ok as long as you have a job matching what was stated in your I-140
good luck

Does a trasnfer happen for everyone?
Does this mean that it will take longer than someone who wasn't transferred?
What triggers a transfer?

Why is this so bloody complicated?

:)

Originally posted by CanMan
Does a trasnfer happen for everyone?
Does this mean that it will take longer than someone who wasn't transferred?
What triggers a transfer?
Why is this so bloody complicated?

1)No.
2)It depends who is someone (for example Silly Man applied three months ahead of you and has no news about his case).
3)Nobody knows.
4)Because.

Is this just me or has everyone noticed that over the past couple of weeks, the number of people reporting that their cases have been transferred to a local office has increased quite a bit.

Is there any specific reason for this ? Is this normal or policy decision by BCIS to transfer cases to local offices ?