state resident and wife citizenship

phosmane

Hi,
In M476.pdf (Guide to Naturalization) says that

" I have resided in the district or state in which I am applying for citizenship for the last three months." on page p52.

My question i have been residing in VA and at the same residence for 4 years. In Jan 2007 i had been to India on vacation. I returned on Jan 24th, does this mean that i have to complete 3 months from the date of arrival to apply for citizenship? or 4 years state residence will hold good?

My second question is, my spouse and i got GC at the same. I was primary applicant when we got GC. Can my spouse apply for citizenship at later date or should we apply both of us together?

thanks you.
PHSHSS

Hi,
In M476.pdf (Guide to Naturalization) says that

" I have resided in the district or state in which I am applying for citizenship for the last three months." on page p52.

My question i have been residing in VA and at the same residence for 4 years. In Jan 2007 i had been to India on vacation. I returned on Jan 24th, does this mean that i have to complete 3 months from the date of arrival to apply for citizenship? or 4 years state residence will hold good?

My second question is, my spouse and i got GC at the same. I was primary applicant when we got GC. Can my spouse apply for citizenship at later date or should we apply both of us together?

thanks you.
PHSHSS

Your India vacation does not harm yr any effect on the 3 month etc

Your wife can also apply for citizenship along with as long she meets
the 5 year rule

You and your wife's eligibility for naturalization is independant of each other's. If you each meet the requirements, you can each apply (separately). If only one of you meets the requirements, then that person can apply.

GCJuly!

Your short trip to India does not affect your eligibility to file for N-400.
Yes, your wife can apply later if that is what she wants. The applications are independent and will not affect your application. She may choose not to apply at all and become a long term permanent resident.:(