State level core action team for IL

Rsur

Registered Users (C)
State level core action team for IL - NSC

There is a concerted effort in CSC, VSC and TSC to approach Congress representatives and highlight the problems we are facing with employment based AOS applications.

Let us make an effort to get together and meet our respective District Congressman/Congresswoman.

I request you to volunteer and come forward so that we can have small groups attend Town Hall meetings and see first hand the reaction of our representatives.

All those who are willing to participate please update this thread with your ideas and the district you belong to (You can get this information from www.congress.org)

I belong to 13th District of IL whose rep is Judy Biggert and will find out date/venue of the next Town Hall meeting

Once we have enough representation we can plan to meet and hand over the petition.

Thanks and looking forward to your co-operation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Many thanks to Rsur for taking the initiative for IL.

Please people, support the campaign. It won't take up too much of your time and you will be making a difference. If you are tired of this wait, of being trod upon upteen times by INS and lied too as far as processing dates and progress is concerned, then this is your chance to do something about it.

Join Rsur in petitioning IL Congressmen and supporting our grassroots effort!

Rsur,

Your initiative for IL485 State Team is a fantastic idea. We are progressing with a similar initiative for MI485 State Team. Let us know if you need any assistance, we'd be only more than happy to help.

IL group

I am district 53. I am interested. Send me an email with what I need to do. Thanks for your initiative.

District 7 - Danny Davis (D)

I am in District 7. Count me in and let me know what I can do to help.

Thanks for the response guys

What we have so far:

Japanese - IL-7
Rsur, wait600days - IL-13
Rajah101 - IL-53 (I am not sure if there is a District 53, Could you recheck).

This is a list of Districts in Illinois:
Bobby Rush (D-IL-1)
Jesse Jackson (D-IL-2)
William Lipinski (D-IL-3)
Luis Gutierrez (D-IL-4)
Rahm Emanuel (D-IL-5)
Henry Hyde (R-IL-6)
Danny Davis (D-IL-7)
Philip Crane (R-IL-8)
Janice Schakowsky (D-IL-9)
Mark Kirk (R-IL-10)
Jerry Weller (R-IL-11)
Jerry Costello (D-IL-12)
Judy Biggert (R-IL-13)
J. Dennis Hastert (R-IL-14)
Timothy Johnson (R-IL-15)
Donald Manzullo (R-IL-16)
Lane Evans (D-IL-17)
Ray LaHood (R-IL-18)
John Shimkus (R-IL-19)

I am personally tired of checking Rupnet and my status online every day and hoping for a miracle to happen.

Please volunteer, we need your help.

I would also request ar888 to mark this thread as "Important".

This is what I got from the website. I live in Wheeling, IL.
State House of Representatives
• Rep. Sidney Mathias (R-53)
State Senate
• Sen. Wendell Jones (R-27)

Let me know if this is wrong.

Thanks,

I am also interested to take part.I live in district 10 ( buffalo grove).Send me an email with course of action.
Thanks for the initiation.

Sorry for the delay in organizing this team

I would like to have a meeting this Sunday afternoon (1/18/04) at a central place to get a plan of action going.

I request all those who can make it to confirm their participation by posting on this thread and also suggest a meeting spot.

Japanese, wait600days, Rajah101, mittu - thanks for volunteering and hope to meet with you soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for your message, RSur

RSur -

Thank youfor your post.
Unfortunately, I have an all day commitment on Sunday, 1/18/04, starting from 9am. I am open to meeting on other dates, or the following weekend.

However, if you, waiting600days, or Rajah101, can only be available on this date, please feel free to assign me a task and send me a copy of your meeting minutes.

I am looking forward to seeing all of you and get our core team into action.

With many regards,

Japanese

I am busy from 12:30 to 2:30 on 1/18/04. However, we can meet from 3 to 4:30. Let me know if this works. Thanks.

Rajah101 -

4:30pm may work for me. Personally, I prefer meeting you and others somewhere in Chicago.

Would that work for you guys/gals?

Please let me know

I have no plans except for having this meeting

I will fix a spot which will be equidistant for Rajah101 and japanese - let us say 4.00 pm on Sunday.

4:00pm would work for me.

Rsur -

Thanks for your post!
When figuring out a spot for us to meet, could you please be so kind to pick a place, where it would be easily accessible by CTA or Metra?

I do not own a car, so it would be great if you can take that into consideration.

Thanks for organizing this. Let me know what I can do to help.

Japanese

How we do things at TSC

From TSC we initially had two or three people, this was started about 1.5 months ago. But now we have a group of 6 active people spread all over TSC area actively working on things on an everyday basis. We are slowly getting more people in the TSC group. I think focusing on the NSC area you should be able to get more folks than just focusing on IL. That way you can cover senators from other states as well.

How we do things: We have created an email group amongst ourselves in the TSC group and we have various initiatives in contacting and continuing to contact politicians to put pressure on USCIS.

Our combined efforts is what will get us approved.
2002 – It was Sep 11 repercussions (no one gives a damn about us)
2003 – It was war (who cares about immigration)
2004 is the right time to put the pressure on. (atleast people will lend an ear now)

I wish you folks success.

Proposed meeting place

This will be at Bensenville Station for the convenience of japanese. Parking is free on Sundays and the address is

110 W. Main St.
Bensenville IL

Rajah101 - please let me know if you need driving directions.

japanese - here is the schedule - http://metrarail.com/Sched/md_w/md_w.html - please refer to it and let me know which is convenient.

We can send pm with our cell phone #s for easier coordination.

Thanks again for organizing this..

Rsur -

Thanks again for organizing this meeting and even forwarding to me the Metra schedule!

If you get this message before 5pm, please IM me on Yahoo! messenger. My handle name is naoto1574 and I will leave it on for you. After 5pm, please email me your info at naoto1574@yahoo.com

RSur -

Thanks for adding me to your buddy list.
can you IM me again so that I could add your name onto my list. Sorry, I accidently closed the window before I could react.

Thanks!

Japanese

We are meeting at 3.00 pm..

..at Bensenville Metra train station on Sunday. Rajah001 please check your PM for message.

Thanks