Starting work before physical EAD card arrives... help !

lura

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I was wondering if anybody knows if it's possible to start working before the actual card arrives :confused: .... i.e. reading online that either "EAD has been approved" or even "card has been sent to production" but not having received the actual card yet....

Need to support my familly...... any help would be greatly appreciated !!

Thanks all !
Lura:eek:

Go ahead....

HI:

How do you plan to prove that you are eligible to work in the US? I would be delighted with your answer... Applying for EAD doesn't automatically confer the right work in the US in the abscence of the physical card...:rolleyes:

So...be careful about being screwed....in the future by USCIS for illegally working in the US....:(

Hi,

I was wondering if anybody knows if it's possible to start working before the actual card arrives :confused: .... i.e. reading online that either "EAD has been approved" or even "card has been sent to production" but not having received the actual card yet....
Yes, if the USCIS case status online website indicates that your EAD has been produced, you can start work. The I-9 requires that when you are work authorized, you can begin work as long as you can provide the EAD to your employers within 90 days of starting work.

Al: If his EAD has been approved, he's legal to work, regardless of whether he has the card or not.

Agreed.....

Good Dr...

I agree.... she can start as long as it has been approved....:cool: I was just being cautious that if the application has been sent, it doesn't automically confer the right to work....

I agree.... the OP can start work....but the pay check shall be mine...Oh...

Oh.....no....victory shall be mine....:eek:

I got EAD approval on Jan 8, this year. To this date I have not received my physical EAD. My attoprney asked them in late Jan, and they said wait for atleast 2 months. She then asked the USCIS March 9, and they said they EAD was not even sent for "some reasons". She asked them to send. I have not got anything yet.

I have heard a lot of these delays in getting physical EADs from USCIS, even when ur status is approved. I wonder how one can have his job if each year USCIS shows their incompetence with this arrogance.

Thanksfully, my H-1B extension has been approved, so I am not worried much, but without H-1B I would have been in hot waters.

"wait at least 2 months for EAD"???

Mine was approved in Jan and the card arrived in less than a week.

I suggest you get on them about this. >2 months is ridiculous. It's either fallen through the cracks or mailed to the wrong address or something.