Starting Company with EAD

needneed

Registered Users (C)
Friends,

I am working on EAD and my wife also has her EAD.

Can my wife start a company in her name as she has EAD?

Will it affect her 485 processing ?

keep me posted ..

I would be interested in knowing answer to this ..

I assume you are in employment based EAD .. correct ??

Yes, I am having the employment based EAD. I am the primary applicant in 485. My wife has the EAD. The question is can she start a company in her name, while I continue my emploment with my emploer.

Thanks

Umm....I am also interested to know the answer. CS485 are you absolutely sure I can start my own home business.
Any more thoughts/links/...etc.
-Gopal

I started my own company on an iEAD - still hanging in there and doing quite well.... my lawyer is aware of that..

However, I do have excellent relationship with my ex employer and have not received an RFE yet for my 485 and expecting one soon.. I should be able to get employment letter as the Green card is for future employment and not necessarily current..

good luck.

One surely can start a company, even without EAD. Presence of EAD, though, makes possible to work for own company without immigration implications. However, one must not forget that this company can not sponsor his or her Green Card, no way no how. Therefore, keeping a ligitimate full time job for a well-established company is a must.

INS may question, however, the intent to stay with the petitioning employer should the Green Card be approved. If a person owns a business, it would be only logical to presume that the person will abandon the full-time job offer from the sponsoring company to devote him/her-self to own company.

I am not sure how to go about arguing this point. Perhaps, there is a lawyer around to share some thoughts on it.