Stamping with Passport less than six months validity

GCTSC_03

Registered Users (C)
Can I get Passport Stamping, though my passport is only valid for less than six months?

Your answer would be great help..

Thanks,

Some times officer will see your validity of passport before stampping. Make sure you have 6 months min. validity or renew it immediately.

I did my renewal after my approval got it in 5 business days. Try to get the revewal and go for stampping. Only GC stamp will be there in the new fresh passport. Not all junk.

BaSh

GCTSC_03 said:
Can I get Passport Stamping, though my passport is only valid for less than six months?

Your answer would be great help..

Thanks,

We had the same issue for my wife and daughter. I came across an old post about a requirement for passport at least 6 mos from expiration, for stamping purposes. I didn't verify that with USCIS, so I'm not sure if that is official.

However, if you don't have immediate travel plans (within the next 3-4 mos),
I suggest you renew the passport first before you go for stamping. That's what I did. There is no time limit for stamping - it can wait, although normally the plastic card process starts with passport stamping.

If you expedite your application for new passport, you can get it in a week. I got it in 10 days without expediting in January 2004

you become PR the day (approval date of I485) you are approved. Its better to renew your PP and then go for stamping.

I am going tomorrow for my kids PS although they were approved on 11/23/04.

nmishra

Thank you for your answer. My son will turn 6 in March, so I guess it makes sense.

A friend of mine had an expired passport, and went for stamping. The officer stamped a white cardboard paper instead, simmilar to an I-94 paper, but with no writing on it, except the stamp. The same probably happens if your passport has less than 6 months of validity left on it.