Stamping question

oneder

Hello Friends,

I have been a silent visitor of the forum for last few months. I have enjoyed some of the witty remarks and have learned from some really insightful interpretations! Thanks for everything.

My WAC 02-106x I-485 application was approved on 6/18 and I have a couple of questions regarding the stamping process:

1. Is there a limit on time between approval and stamping date? I need to know this because I am currently out of country on a business trip for a month. I will only get back in the middle of July unless required otherwise.

2. Should I expect any hickups at the airport on my way back? I am traveling on a valid Advanced Parole.

3. How do I make an appointment for stamping? I know this question might be stupid, as this information might be on the approval letter, but I have not receieved the letter from my lawyers yet.

4. What is the current waiting time for the plastic card?

5. Is it safe to change one's address between the stamp on the passport and the plastic card?

Any help on these questions would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

1. Is there a limit on time between approval and stamping date? I need to know this because I am currently out of country on a business trip for a month. I will only get back in the middle of July unless required otherwise.

No. There is no limit.

2. Should I expect any hickups at the airport on my way back? I am traveling on a valid Advanced Parole.

I don't think there will be any problem. AP should be good enough for reentry.

3. How do I make an appointment for stamping? I know this question might be stupid, as this information might be on the approval letter, but I have not receieved the letter from my lawyers yet.

Depends on which district office you are going.

4. What is the current waiting time for the plastic card?

Depends on which district office you are going. Allow 2 weeks to 6 months.

5. Is it safe to change one's address between the stamp on the passport and the plastic card?

Changing address at USCIS is always unsafe. Either you can provide your new address at the time of stamping (that's better and safe). Otherwise, if you change you address after stamping, write to district office after you changed your address.

Change of address while stamping

Since I would be relocating to a different state by the end of July, I had given a friends address here in CA for the card delivery at the time of stamping, and to my surprise the BCIS Laguna Niguel office mailed me the cards to my old address. Since I still live here, I was pleased to receive it.
I did checked with the IIO twice if she had made the change of addresss even though I saw her writing the new address on my approval letter with these caption "Mail the card to".
She asked me to file a AR-11 form, which I would do so after I move to the new place.
So incase if you can avoid changing the address after the stamping, that may help.
I stamped on June 3rd at LA and got the cards today.
May be this is one isolated incident, but then again it could be with anyone.