Stamping Question for Minor - Urgent

GC_RD_1701

Registered Users (C)
I received the approval letter (courtsey Copy).

My son is minor. For him it is wriiten that he will get GC within 3 weeks etc.

As per his approval letter what I understood that it is not required or there is no stamping of Passport of my minor son.

I have following questions:-

1) If they are not asking to give two new pohots how come in the GC, his latest photo will show?

2) Also they are not asking his last I-94 paper?

3) Present he has AP. Can he travel outside of USA with his AP in this situation?

GURUS please if you have any experience let me know. I very much concern about it.

Regards

This will be highly appreciated that anybody has any experience, kindly reply the above questions.

Regards

Originally posted by GC_RD_1701
I received the approval letter (courtsey Copy).

My son is minor. For him it is wriiten that he will get GC within 3 weeks etc.

As per his approval letter what I understood that it is not required or there is no stamping of Passport of my minor son.

I have following questions:-

1) If they are not asking to give two new pohots how come in the GC, his latest photo will show?
If you submitted photos when you applied I-485, that will suffice.
2) Also they are not asking his last I-94 paper?
May be they don't need it
3) Present he has AP. Can he travel outside of USA with his AP in this situation?
No, he cannot use AP. He needs to either get a temporary I-551 stamp in his passport or wait until his green card arrives.

GURUS please if you have any experience let me know. I very much concern about it.

Regards

Hi nkm-oct23,

No, he cannot use AP. He needs to either get a temporary I-551 stamp in his passport or wait until his green card arrives.

What is I-551 form stand for? and where this will stamp in the passport i.e. the day when we will go for stamping at the same place it can be done? Please give some idea. Could you let me know.

Regards

I-551 is the stamp in the passport that gives a temporary proof of permanent residence until the actual green card arrives. The stamp is a valid legal document for travel and employment. The stamp you get in your passport after approval of I-485 is the I-551 stamp. You can go to any BCIS office to get the stamping. I am surprised you are unaware of this.
Originally posted by GC_RD_1701
Hi nkm-oct23,

What is I-551 form stand for? and where this will stamp in the passport i.e. the day when we will go for stamping at the same place it can be done? Please give some idea. Could you let me know.

Regards