Stamping question and plastic crad question?

spouse

Registered Users (C)
My I-485 is approved last week and it was from CSC. But As i live in michigan went to DETROIT for stamping.
please post is there anybody having similar situation.
As my passport is expiring next year june, which is 11 months valid, she said she can't put the stamp in the passport and she asked for extra photo and gave a another Card attaching my photo and seal, and also mentioned all the stamping details about I-551 .she said that card is more than enough to get into US.Instead of putting the stamp in Passport , she did it on the card (it is little bigger than I-94)with my photo and seal and other details..please post any experiences who went to pp stamping ,having validity less than year. second question is...As my 485 is approved from CSC, stamped in Detroit (comes under NSC)_ From whch center do i get the card? (bcoz CSC is faster than NSC) ,If it is from NSC...Do u guys know..average time to get plastic card?

Hmmm...that's weird. My passport was also valid for 11 months when I got my stamp but the officer stamped the passport anyway. The expiry date on the stamp however was one day prior to the expiry of the passport. In other words, the stamp was valid for 11 months instead of one year.

-Artemis
PS: The stamping was done in Chicago and my case was adjudicated by NSC

the immigration officer at the des moines, iowa, CIS local office, where we had gone for our i551 stamps, gave my wife and me the choice to get the i551 stamp on either the passport or on a separate card, which the officer referred to as a "temporary green card". my wife's passport expires in about 8 months, and mine is valid until 2008. we both opted for the separate card, which turned out to be a blank i94 card. our thought was that our i551 card will not leave our possession if and when we send our passports by mail for visas etc.

as it turned out, i had to travel to europe on company business. i did not have any problems with the temp green card, either in europe or on my return to the u.s. i did not even have to go through a secondary inspection at the port of entry.

as to where your plastic card might come from, i am guessing it will be from the CIS regional center which will process your i89. and since your i89 record was created in CIS's detroit office, it will be NSC that will process your i89, and send out your plastic card. again, this is just a guess.

It shouldn't really matter whether you have the stamp in your passport or a seperate card, so long as you have it. I think its an INS policy not to stamp the passport if it has a validity of less than 12 months. But this is not always followed. My passport was stamped in May'04 after the interview and the passport is expiring in Jan'05. In the end, it didn't really matter as I got my card in 5 weeks after the approval.
As to where your card comes from, I believe it will be from NSC as you went to Detroit for stamping. My case was filed at NSC, transferred to and approved by Arlington, VA(under VSC) and I got the card from VSC.

CMR

artemis did you get your PP stamped within a month, if so when did you go to the Chicago local office and how long did it take. One of my friend is going next week. Info appreciated.

thanks