Stamping of transferred H1B

PuffDaddy

In June 2002, I joined a new employer who filed for my H1B on June 30th in California. I'm still waiting for H1 approval. I have a visa stamped for my earlier H1B from my previous employer.
I'm planning to visit canada for 3-4 days. Because of the long delay in H1B processing I have requested my employer for the premium processing, for which my employer already agreed. I have few questions related to my new H1 approval and the expected short trip abroad.

1) If i get the new H1 approval before departing from USA, can i re-enter USA without the new H1B visa stamped on my passport, as i already have a H1 visa stamped from my previous employer.

2) Is there any such law which requires that its mandatory to have the new H1B stamped on the passport.

3) For which company, should i fill the I94 ( current employer or the previous employer whose visa is stamped on my passport)

4) If i don't get the new H1 approval before departing from USA, can i re-enter USA on my earlier H1 approval(from previuos employer) and stamped H1 visa. Do i need to show immigration officer the copy of the INS action form, for the H1 application from the current employer.