Stamping in Newark 20 mins In and Out!

minniem

Registered Users (C)
Hi Guys

I just want to share my stamping experience with you. We went today and got there at 11.00 am. Guard told us we should come back tomorrow as they are full for today. But I showed him my approval and he let us in. Although notice says room 334 the third floor is being renovated so go to 2nd floor room 200.

When we got there it was empty so DO NOT get bullied by guard! Another guard at this room saw our approvals and we went in.

We got seen by a white lady who was as thick as 2 planks. Got our index finger printed and took our photos from us and I 94 card and EADs. Then she told us to sit down as they would do a background check on both me and my spouse. Although other people were being stamped straight away! Anyway we sat for 5 mins and were called she stamped my passport twice and voided one stamp as she preceded to write my spouses A # on it instead of mine. Then she stamped my spouses passport too.

But what I realized on the way home is that stupid lady wrote my EAC number and my A# on my spouses passport too!. Surely she should have written my spouses numbers not mine. But who cares its done! I just hope when the GC come the numbers should not be the same if they are then we are in trouble.

I always thought that they cancel all your H1B visas in your passport too but she did not do ours but I am not sure.

My advice is get there at 11.00 its empty and quick!

Originally posted by minniem

But what I realized on the way home is that stupid lady wrote my EAC number and my A# on my spouses passport too!. Surely she should have written my spouses numbers not mine. But who cares its done! I just hope when the GC come the numbers should not be the same if they are then we are in trouble.

I think you need to get this fixed as soon as possible, especially if you have to travel using that stamp (before you get the actual card).
The officer at POE may refer you for a second inspection, verifying that the info is correct, etc....

Hi minniem,

Please reply to the following:

I just received the 485 approval and on it I see that they mentioned the following:

"go to the local INS office which in my case is NEWARK Room 334 as yours and get finger print and signature taken on FORM I-89".

What does this mean. I had my finger printing done 10 months back. Are they taking the finger prints again at the time of stamping?

Also, please let me know what all documents they have asked and checked for stamping.

I will appreciate your reply.
Thanks.