stamping experience in San Jose

request_help

Registered Users (C)
hello all,

just wanted to share with you my experience. we (self and family) reached the San Jose office at 5 AM. we were surprised to see atleast 100 folks already there ahead of us. the office opened at 7 and the line sneaked in slowly. by the time we got past security check and obtained the token number, it was 8:30am (3.5 hours had passed already).

we waited for another 2 hours before we were called to the counter. the process was smooth. they asked for all the old EADs and paroles (was glad i had saved them). pls remember to take them when u go though the approval letter does not ask you to bring them.

my daughter (10 yrs young) was also finger printed and made to sign - first time she signed on a legal document :) our passports were stamped and we were told with a smile that it would take 6 months to 10 months for the card to arrive by mail.

we are relieved that it is over at last. wish u all good luck. pls remember to take all your old EADs/paroles and most important - get there atleast before 5AM if u want to avoid long waits. best would be 4 Am i guess. with more approvals coming in these days, the lines are longer. plus, there are many coming for temporary EADs.

Any more stamping experiences at SJ?

WE (me, wife and 3 years son) are planning to go for stamping next week at SJ. Heard that Friday is a better bet. Any suggestions? First of all, do all of us have to stand in teh lin e? Can one of us stand and others can wait in the car (asking because of my son). Secondly, I am working with my lawyer for an appointment, hope fully it will get through, meanwhile just wondering if I go alone first and take my wife and son on a different day. IS there any risk in going in different days?

appreciate any help in this matter. regards

Sri

Yes, you can.

I did stamp on Friday, 7/16. I went SJ at 3 am, during the waiting time, I saw a lot of family just have one person standing at line from begining, and later (about 6:30 - 7:00), their family members came and joined him.