Stamping experience in Dallas

rsdontha

Hi all,
I informed this board few days back about my appoval. I moved and was not sure if the INS approval letters would be forwarded. I however got the attorney's copies Fedexed to me and got the stamping. I thought I would never get my copies, but good news to folks who have moved during this long waiting period, I did get them little late. For your reference, they were mailed on Jul 28th and I got them forwared to my new address on Aug 8th.

I wanted to tell about the stamping experience for folks in Dallas. They have decent space for parking, but because of huge crowds, some may have had to park outside. We got there with our little one (2 1/2 year old) by around 6 am. There were about a hyndred in line. But after us came, may be hundred more. The big crowd is because of the hispanic immigrants in this area. I did see only about 10 indians.

About 2 hours of wait before we got the coupon. Had a small smoke break and got in there after about 20 minutes. Advice, don't rush in after getting the coupon, at least if you know there were more people ahead of you . That way you can minimize your wait inside. Definitely go with some snack if you cannot have breakfast at 4 am.

Inside, there are lot of counters. Some officers take longer and some are fast. The lady who did my stamping did not allow my wife to wait as her number was called in the other counter.

The procedure itself is simple. Index finger print on both sides of i-89 form and signatures. Stamping. Mine took about 5 min. My wife's took may be 15 min. and he said he was new. He was friendly though.

Remeber, if you changed address, though you might have submitted the ar-11 form, do not forget to give the new address at stamping, as there is space in the i-89 form to take the new address.

Though I might have covered some very small points, I am sure at least some people will find it useful.

Last but not the least, I sincerely wish all the best to the folks who are waiting longer than they should. Just hang in there. Your turn is just round the corner.

Take care.