Stamping Experience at San Francisco Office

bmisman

Registered Users (C)
First of all, MAKE an appointment, it's really easy from INS website and saves a lot of time. I didn't have an appointment since we are going to Vencuver in 2 days and had to wait 3 hours.

Secondly, the first teller didn't let me get one ticket for both me and my wife and he actually put a note to my ticket (on their system) and I couldn't get the stamping person take care of both of us. Our baby was sleeping in the car at the time of getting the ticket 6.45am, so we had to wait for another 30 minutes for the second ticket.

Anyways, at the time of stamping; the first person told us to mail EAD and AP since we didn't have it with us (It doesn't say on the approval to bring EAD or AP). I didn't know you had to surrender those documents at the time of passport stamping. However, the second person told us not to mail but to bring it at the time of the interview. I told her that it's very unlikely for us to go through an interview at this point and she tells me "the interview when you apply for CITIZENSHIP". I said, that's like 5 years from today and she says, well then don't forget. Haha, I don't think these people know what they are talking about.

Please let me know what to do with EAD and AP.

Thanks,

Baris Misman