Stamping completed last month. So can i change the employer now???????

Rainforest

Registered Users (C)
:eek:

Hello Friends,

I got my GC stamped last month and my client is offering a Permanent job. So at this point can i change my employer. I already received two pay stubs from the Employer.

Do i need to wait till i get my plastic card to change the employer.???

Please provide your comments on this..

thanks

Rainforest.

Its not that straightforward

There have been cases reported where INS has stepped back into cases where people quit immediately after GC approval and created problems. These things again create a problem when you apply for citizenship(if you will be doing it). As per Jim Mills, either you should have a very stong argument for quitting or you should be waiting at least 2 months after stamping.

Re: Its not that straightforward

True, but the chance is rare. You are working for the new employer now. So let it be.

Originally posted by Optimystique
There have been cases reported where INS has stepped back into cases where people quit immediately after GC approval and created problems. These things again create a problem when you apply for citizenship(if you will be doing it). As per Jim Mills, either you should have a very stong argument for quitting or you should be waiting at least 2 months after stamping.

No Problem

I don't think there is any problem in changing Job now a days, if one can change the job SIX month after I-485 has filed in similar/same category , then why not after getting GC.......

I don't think you should worry, If it's a similar Job Title.....

;)