Stamping at Westminister

schopra

Registered Users (C)
I will recommend everybody in LA area should go to Westminister office for stamping.
I got courtesy approval notices for self, wife and son yesterday (6/14/01). So today I went for our passport stamping.
After reading many discussions about "Stamping at Westminister", I decided to go for my stamping also at Westminister office although my approval notice says to go to LA.
I took the following documents with me:
1. Courtesy Approval Notices for self, wife and son
2. Passports for all three of us
3. I-94 for all three of us
4. 2 immigration photographs of eash of us
5. Mine and wife\'s EAD
6. Advance Parole papers of all three
7. H1 approvals(latest) for all three
I put together three sets of papers, one for myself, second for wife and third for son. It helps me at window.
We reached Westminister office at 10:25am. No need to go at 5 or 6am. There was only one person at window outside. We get to window in 2 minutes and got the three tickets with numbers 47, 48 & 49.
By 10:30am we were inside the INS building. I looked at the display and number 39 was under process. Only after half an hour, at 11:00am, number 47 was displayed with window# 2. So we (myself, wife and son) went to window# 2.
I told officer that we have 3 cases together. He asked me to give my wife\'s papers first as ladies are always first. He checked the approval notice and brings up the case on his computer. He filled up a form, took my wife\'s finger print(Only one finger)and asked her to sign on that form. Then he put the stamp on her passport valid for one year and write her A# below the stamp.
He did the same for me and son. As my son is 5 yrs old(under 14) so finger print and sign was not required for him. Officer made copies of our approval notices (with INS stamp which he put on notices) and gave it to us with the passports. I checked the passports for validation dates and A#. Everything was correct.
In 15 minutes everything was done. We thanks the officer and come out of building at 11:15am. Whole process took only 50 minutes.
This was my best experience with INS during my last 5 years of dealing with INS.
Ciba please post my experince at your site.
Once again I want to thanks Ciba and all you guys for helping us.
Good luck ....

No Title

Ciba Please add my case to Plastic Tracking:
ND 2/2000
PD 7/98
EB2 / India
Approval Date: 6/12/01
Stamping Date: 6/15/01
Stamping done at: Westminister

No Title

Hi schopra,

I will post your message to Personal Experiences and add