Stamping and Passport Validity. Please help

Well - Wisher

Registered Users (C)
My case was approved yesterday and expecting my approval notice in 1-2 weeks but my passport is expiring on 16 June 02. Is it necessary to renew my passport before stamping or can be renewed after the stamping.
Please help.

Thanks

It might be better to get it renewed if it does not take too long.

You might want to check with the INS how long the passport has to be valid

ONE DAY RENEWAL POSSIBLE

I heard if you use some travel agents, they will renew it for you in one day (i.e. if you live in same city as consulate).

Thanks

Thanks for the information. To be safe side I may go to indian consulate in person for renewal of my passport.

Thanks again

Better to renew. Go to your country embassy

Check with your community. Most countries have embassies in major cities. Better to have a valid passport (6months) for stamping. It may be possible to get renewal quickly.

You dont need a travel agent

If you go to a consultate in person, they will issue your new passport within two days. If you submit your application before 10am (or 11am -- I dont remember exactly), you will receive it the same afternoon at 4. If you miss the morning deadline, you will have to wait until the next afternoon, again 4p. They don\'t give out passports
any other time of the day. So you better get there around early if you want it the same day.
Also, you will need a letter from a notary public with your personal information on it. You can actually look up the requirement on the consulate\'s website. And, if might be wise if you give them a call to make sure that the procedures haven\'t changed.