Stamped today, RD 01/22/02

peterzu

Registered Users (C)
Passport got stamped today in Hartford, CT.
Here's my experience:
Arrived at INS buliding at 7:20am and stood in line behind ~50 people. Got in the building at 8:05am after security check. After got a number and waited until 10:00am finally got a call. Turned in both original and courtesy copies of approval notices. The INS officer only kept the original one. Other than that, old and current travel documents, I-94 current and the oldest (first entry) and current EAD, and two photos. The officer only asked for a sheet of new fingerprint of my pointer only, that took less than 30 second to be done. I was asked to be seated while the officer was working on other case.
Waited about another 20 min and heard my last name called. Approched the counter and the officer handed me the passport.
"All set ?" I asked. "That's it." the officer said. I just couldn't believe it'd been done less than an half of hour which I have waited more than 9 years in this country!
Last words exchange between the officer and me: "how long does it take to get the plastic card?" " one year to one and an half".
Before left the building, looked carefully what the stamp said.
It goes like this: "Processed for I-551. Temporary evidence of lawful admission for permanent residence vailid until 7-6-04. Employment authorized. A# ................":eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

BTW, the officer is a lady, very professional and polite.

I will be around the forum utill I receive the plastic card.
Good luck to everyone!

RD 1/22/02
AD 06/25/03.