"Stairway to Heaven" - Save a Lady Whose Husband Passed Away During AOS !!

kashmir

Registered Users (C)
If the I-485 primary applicant were to die during AOS, all dependents would lose their legal status in the States immediately.
If you were to die before approval, your loved ones must suffer from legally difficult situation in addtion to your death just because of USCIS processing delay.
It happened to a lady in California ...

Mrs. Aram Arumugam is a lady whose husband passed away just a month ago.
She filed I-485 application with her husband who was a primary applicant throuh his employment at TSC on 9/16/2001.
You can find the detail at:
http://immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=117624

Now, she has been in touch with Rajiv and me.
Even though Rajiv and her Congressman talked to USCIS, the U.S. Goverment has indicated they can do nothing.
The only way she can be helped is a Private Bill for her green card.

I have just faxed a letter to urge to present a Private Bill for her green card to U.S. Senators Dianne Feinstein and Barbara Boxer.
Please fax or e-mail your letter to Senators to save her.
You can find sample letters at next message.
We should not leave her as a victim of USCIS processing delay.

Thanks,
-kashmir

It's been only a month, so she has been still shocked.
Even though San Jose Mercury News is interested in her story,
it's too early that she talks directly to media.
Instead of that, Rajiv will represent her.
She agreed on this fax/e-mail campaign.

FAX

U.S. Senator Dianne Feinstein
331 Hart Senate Office Building
Washington, DC 20510
Phone: (202) 224-3841
Fax: (202) 228-3954

U.S. Senator Barbara Boxer
112 Hart Senate Office Building
Washington, D.C. 20510-0505
Phone: (202) 224-3553
Fax: (202) 228-0426

E-MAIL Web Form

Dianne Feinstein
http://feinstein.senate.gov/email.html

Barbara Boxer
http://boxer.senate.gov/contact/webform.cfm

Last edited by a moderator:
sample letter(s)

You can find another good ones below in this thread.Also, I encourage to post your letter at this thread.
-kashmir

ImmigrationPortal.Com
5225 N. Wilson Blvd. Arlington VA 22205
Phone: (703) 908-4800
United for Dignity, Equality and Acceptance

March 19, 2004

Washington, DC 20510

RE: Private Bill for Mrs. ARAM ARUMUGAM's Green Card

Dear Senator Feinstein;

Mrs. Aram Arumugam is one of my friends at ImmigrationPortal.Com. She filed I-485 application on 9/26/2001 with her husband through his employment. Unfortunately, her husband who was a primary applicant passed away in February 2004, so her I-485 application is no longer valid.

Now, millions of people are suffering from the huge backlog at US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), however, her case is extremely severe. According to Immigration Services and Infrastructure Improvements Act of 2000, USCIS should have adjudicated her case within 180 days. Obviously, it's not her fault but the U.S. Goverment's fault that she's not a permanent resident today.

In addition to the U.S. Goverment's fault, we have to say that U.S. Immigration Law is defect because such an innocent lady who has been already shocked has to suffer from her legal status in the United States just due to USCIS processing delay. Also, nobody can do anything to save her from this difficult situation.

I'd like to urge you to take it into special consideration to present a Private Bill for her green card.

Sincerely,
(your signature)
(your name)
(your address)

Here is Barbara Boxer's fax number:

U.S. Senator Barbara Boxer
112 Hart Senate Office Building
Washington, D.C. 20510-0505
Phone: (202) 224-3553
Fax: (202) 228-0426

Last edited by a moderator:
I will be sending faxes to all members of immigration subcommitte and also the President.
We cannot stand this Bullshit anymore.

Kashmir, can you post some details on mrs.aram arumugham. Like her case number etc., her address when she was in US without which it would be like a needle in a hay stack for either of the congress women to act on if they have to approach USCIS/Government to introduce the private bill...

Thank you Kashmir for taking initiative in this case. I will send the letter to the Senators DF and BB. Here is the modified version of your letter. I believe we are better off not to say words like "fault", etc.

Also, it would be very helpful to provide some contact info for Mrs. Arumugam to the Senators. If not, how would they or anyone else introduce the Private Bill? Just a question.

But, thanks again for your interest in this campaign. Here's the modified version of the letter.

ImmigrationPortal.Com

March 19, 2004

Washington, DC 20510

RE: Private Bill for Mrs. Aram Arumugam’s Green Card

Dear Senator Feinstein;

Mrs. Aram Arumugam is one of my friends at ImmigrationPortal.Com. She filed the I-485 application for Permanent Residency on 9/26/2001 through her husband’s employer. Unfortunately, her husband, the primary applicant, passed away in February 2004. So, her I-485 application is no longer valid… after 2.5 years of waiting in the line.

Now, millions of people are suffering from the huge backlog at US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). However, her case is extremely severe. According to Immigration Services and Infrastructure Improvements Act of 2000, USCIS should have adjudicated her case within 180 days.

Mrs. Arumugam is in shock from the demise of her husband and is hoping for help to secure her legal status in the United States.

I'd like to urge you to take this into special consideration and introduce a Private Bill for Mrs. Arumugam’s green card.

Sincerely,
(your signature)

Originally posted by kadamtal
Kashmir, can you post some details on mrs.aram arumugham. Like her case number etc., her address when she was in US without which it would be like a needle in a hay stack for either of the congress women to act on if they have to approach USCIS/Government to introduce the private bill...
I have already sent more detail information such as her case number and her address (in California), etc. to Senators.
As I wrote before, she's still shocked, so she'd like her informatin anonymous as much as possible right now.
I'd like you to understand her situation.

Originally posted by deepak45
Thank you Kashmir for taking initiative in this case. I will send the letter to the Senators DF and BB. Here is the modified version of your letter. I believe we are better off not to say words like "fault", etc.
Also, it would be very helpful to provide some contact info for Mrs. Arumugam to the Senators. If not, how would they or anyone else introduce the Private Bill? Just a question.
But, thanks again for your interest in this campaign. Here's the modified version of the letter.
Thanks for your modified letter.
I have already sent her information to Senators.
Also, they can contact Rajiv or me for further information.

Faxed the Private bill request to Senator and I request everyone here to fax the private bill request. Also I request everyone to start a chain letter for this issue and forward to your friends requesting them to fax the private bill request to Senator.
Thanks.

Originally posted by kashmir
Thanks for your modified letter.
I have already sent her information to Senators.
Also, they can contact Rajiv or me for further information.

What's your's or Rajiv's contact info? I would like to insert some contact info... rather than expecting the Senators' offices to figure out on their own.

I would like to help in this case... that's why I am asking for further details.

Originally posted by deepak45
What's your's or Rajiv's contact info? I would like to insert some contact info... rather than expecting the Senators' offices to figure out on their own.
I would like to help in this case... that's why I am asking for further details.
Rajiv agreed to be a contact person.
His contact information is the same as ImmigratinPortal.Com.
Several California residents have already sent letters, so it should be fine.

Here is yet another modified fax text - It has Rajiv Khanna's information at the bottom:

Please send the fax to both Senators, and please urge your friends to do so as well. This is an extremely worth cause.

ImmigrationPortal.Com

March 19, 2004

Washington, DC 20510

RE: Private Bill for Mrs. Aram Arumugam’s Green Card

Dear Senator Feinstein;

Mrs. Aram Arumugam is one of my friends at ImmigrationPortal.Com. She filed the I-485 application for Permanent Residency on 9/26/2001, as a dependent of her husband, who was sponsored by his employer. Unfortunately, her husband, the primary applicant passed away in February 2004. Going by current immigration law, due to the death of the primary applicant the secondary applicant loses his/her status. Due to which her I-485 application is now no longer valid. Mr. And Mrs. Arumugam were waiting for adjudication for over two and a half years. She has made America her home and now due to this unfortunate incident, she will be forced to leave the country in an expedited manner due to the expiry of her status.

Mrs. Arumugam is in shock from the demise of her husband and is hoping for help to secure her legal status in the United States.

Her case is extremely severe and deserves the interest and humanitarian aid that your kind offices can provide. I'd like to urge you to take this into special consideration and introduce a Private Bill for Mrs. Arumugam’s green card.

You can contact her via her lawyer, Mr. Rajiv Khanna at:
Law Offices Of Rajiv S. Khanna, PC
5225 N. Wilson Blvd.
Arlington, VA 22205-1148
Voice: (703) 908-4800

Sincerely,
{Your name}

I am not sure if it is of help - there was a case in our local newspaper where a private bill had been put forward to approve one individual and his family for a Green Card. The bill was very simple about 3 paragraphs - I can probably find it online. So it is not unusual for these bills to be presented.

The case was a little different - a high school student with very high grade points wanted to go to the state university but he was not legally resident in the US though lived here for 10 years - he would have to pay out of state tution fees which his family could not afford. The family had managed to convince one senator to sponsor the bill.

This case is very sad and much more deserving.