Stage III of J1 waiver

AmyShri

Hi,

I sent the required documents to St. Louis, Missouri (MO) in February and to CGI in NY.

I received the waiver certificate from the NY in March.

Next step, I guess is to get a document from Washington D.C. But I haven't heard anything from them yet.

My question is- Do I have to send any documents to Washington, Waiver division? (I didn't sent any to Washington address)

I assumed that application packets have to be send only to MO and NY. Please let me know if I missed anything.

When I checked my status in dept. of state website, and it said-

"Currently, there is no information regarding the status of your case. If you would like additional information, please contact Public Inquiries at 212ewaiver@state.gov"

I'm worried and wondering if I did something wrong or it takes time??

Hey,
You did not miss anything. I heard, these days it's taking too long by DOS to update the status.

Hello everyone,

I have not received any papers from the waiver review board.
Online status indicates: pending.
It's been 6 weeks since they received my application and nothing.
This is my last year to have the J1 visa status, I'm beginning to wonder why there is a delay.

Does anyone know how to contact them and see what's going on?

Please let me know.
I appreciate your time.

Thanks.

Hello everyone,

I have not received any papers from the waiver review board.
Online status indicates: pending.
It's been 6 weeks since they received my application and nothing.
This is my last year to have the J1 visa status, I'm beginning to wonder why there is a delay.

Does anyone know how to contact them and see what's going on?

Please let me know.
I appreciate your time.

Thanks.
Did DOS already receive no objection from the Indian Embassy? If so, when? I think the current avg. processing time for J1 waiver is 12-16 weeks. Looking at your past timeline, you must have received a recommendation notice from DOS and hopefully the waiver as well from USCIS. Would you mind sharing the current status and if waiver already granted, a general timeline based on your recollection? Thanks!

Did DOS already receive no objection from the Indian Embassy? If so, when? I think the current avg. processing time for J1 waiver is 12-16 weeks. Looking at your past timeline, you must have received a recommendation notice from DOS and hopefully the waiver as well from USCIS. Would you mind sharing the current status and if waiver already granted, a general timeline based on your recollection? Thanks!
Hi, I followed your previous answers and figured you got your three NORI from Delhi state. I already got two (MHRD and RPO) and had a doubt about Delhi state home department. I have submitted them document a month ago, can you explain your events timeline dealing with state dep Delhi. Thanks

Yes, I did. DC embassy sent the documents on time (in March). In fact, upon my request, they sent it thrice after that (May n June, I think). But DOS kept on saying that they didn’t receive it and they won’t process until they get the document from embassy. I was bit upset and confused not knowing what to do. So, I presented my problem to my university visa team. They helped me by involving someone they knew( internal process) and then after a month or so, DOS sent it to me by post. Thanks

Hi, I followed your previous answers and figured you got your three NORI from Delhi state. I already got two (MHRD and RPO) and had a doubt about Delhi state home department. I have submitted them document a month ago, can you explain your events timeline dealing with state dep Delhi. Thanks
Sorry, I am not from Delhi. I got the MHRD from Delhi. Rest from my hometown.

This is regarding NORI-III. A J1 waiver certificate was issued in my favor on Jan 18 2024 by Indian Consulate New York. They sent me the certificate but unfortunately failed to forward the same to Indian embassy at Washington DC, which they confirmed on Sep 5 2024. They also said that they would send the certificate to Washington DC office on sep 6. I have submitted all documents to USCIS in Jan and they confirmed/updated the receipt of all those documents on Feb1 2024 on their website. My visa expires on Oct 6 2024. I need J1 waiver approval from USCIS before Oct 6. Do you think it is possible that everything will be sorted in a month?

This is regarding NORI-III. A J1 waiver certificate was issued in my favor on Jan 18 2024 by Indian Consulate New York. They sent me the certificate but unfortunately failed to forward the same to Indian embassy at Washington DC, which they confirmed on Sep 5 2024. They also said that they would send the certificate to Washington DC office on sep 6. I have submitted all documents to USCIS in Jan and they confirmed/updated the receipt of all those documents on Feb1 2024 on their website. Do you think it is possible that everything will be sorted in a month?