St Louis to dicontinue visa Revalidation soon

mmrsagili

Registered Users (C)
I saw this on April 2, 2004 Murthy Bulletin.

In a related issue, the DOS Revalidation Unit in St. Louis, Missouri may discontinue providing visa revalidations at some time in the near future. The reason is that this unit is not able to produce the biometric documents that are required under law. If visa revalidations are stopped, all persons needing a new visa to travel will have to obtain the new visa outside the U.S. at a U.S. Consulate. Persons seeking to avoid a trip to the consulate may wish to submit their revalidations as soon as they are eligible to do so. To determine whether visa revalidation in the U.S. is an option, see our February 15, 2002 MurthyBulletin article, Visa Revalidation Progress, available on MurthyDotCom.

This is something to worry about. It is a pain to get your revalidation from your home country. I was checking the website of Cheenai Consulate and they are asking a lot of documents not normally asked when one revalidates it from the US.

Hope they don't discontinue the St Louis Revalidation Center.

Originally posted by mmrsagili
I saw this on April 2, 2004 Murthy Bulletin.

In a related issue, the DOS Revalidation Unit in St. Louis, Missouri may discontinue providing visa revalidations at some time in the near future. The reason is that this unit is not able to produce the biometric documents that are required under law. If visa revalidations are stopped, all persons needing a new visa to travel will have to obtain the new visa outside the U.S. at a U.S. Consulate. Persons seeking to avoid a trip to the consulate may wish to submit their revalidations as soon as they are eligible to do so. To determine whether visa revalidation in the U.S. is an option, see our February 15, 2002 MurthyBulletin article, Visa Revalidation Progress, available on MurthyDotCom.