St louis check

ash1

Registered Users (C)
I sent checks to St Louis on Nov 4 it has been almost one month now but nothing is happened. I sent Demad draft not a check. (as my lawyer told to do so)Does it matter?
Is there any telephone number where we can call and find out the status of our case?
I will appreciate if people can post their experiences or how much time it took to encashed their checks.

Ash1

Hello Ash1

Hello:

What is a demand draft? NVC requires you to send either a money order or a Cashiers Check. I sent my Money order on 12th Nov. They received it on Nov. 13, 2002 as I did USPS overnight and i tracked the envelope. The Western Union system said the Money order was paid on Nov. 27, 2002. I am applying for I-130 for my spouse as a US Citizen and this money order was for $65.00 for Affidavit of Suppor form to be received.

Thanks

-Guccidkny

guccidkny,
I made a mistake while writting. I sent money order to St Lousis.

Thanks for your reply
Ash1

Ash - If you have a photo copy or the receipt of the MO you sent, you may call the 1-800 number on that. It will ask you for the serial number on the MO, which will give you the status if it had been cashed.

Good luck

help

I am under employment based GC(Consular) processing. Recently I got married, she is with me now. To get her included I sent all my wife's details to NVC in Oct mid. However they sent one visa fee bill to me in Nov 1st week. I called NVC and the operator told I can take a copy of mine , write my wife's name on it and send payment for both my wife and myself to St. Louis on Nov 1st week.

In november third week it got cashed out by St.Louis. However I recvd visa fee bill for my wife again. Puzzled with that I called NVC this morning and they said I shouldn't take copy of it and saying it might cause problem and told me to wait and see.

With that vague answer I started worrying and please suggest me what should I do.

Thanks

Hi All,
My check(MO) has been encashed from St Louis :)

Thanks for your response
Ash1