SSN Problem , Please HELP !!!!!!

Hi,

My wife applied for SSN 4 weeks back after receiving EAD Card. Local office of SSN didn\'t issued any letter as they said our database is not updated and they said first we\'ll verify with INS and it\'ll take two months for that and if everything is fine then we\'ll issue letter and SSN.

They also gave us 1-800# to check for SSN, but when we try to check they say, It\'s no where in the system which tells, you have applied SSN ,please check with your local SSN office.

Dont know what to do....
Any Suggestions !!!!!

Thanx

It will take around 2 months.

SSN office gen. is fast ..it\'s our friendly INS which takes this much time to verify work status.

usually you get in a month

My wife got her SSN based on EAD card. No question was asked. She just showed her EAD card and passport to SSN officer and SSN officer gave a receipt and 1800 to call to check the status. Within a month she received SSN by mail. We went to HOuston SSN office.

conditional believe.

If your EAD card was issued more than a month back from the date when you apply for SSN, the SSN office by law has to send the application to INS(where the delay really happens)...So guys the moment you get the EAD\'s for your spouse go to the SSN office & apply for SSN.

If you apply within the 30 days u will get the SSN within 2 weeks .

I didn\'t know about this so my wait was more than 2 months.

GUYS Pl. take this seriously.

rat

dont worry, even its the same problem with me. i applied nearly 8 weeks back. and i dint get my SSN till now even i got the sma emessage that my entry is not in database but then they dont knwo it will take nearly 8-12 weeks to get an SSN if you aplly by EAD

rat

one more thing i dont know from where did u apply ur SSN but if u apply in NJ this is true but for any other state its hardly a month

Same here ! The SSN office does not accept the application of my wife saying that A# does not show

Can we get the SSN after GC stamping? What r the pros and cons??

My wife has an EAD but we havent applied for SSN - simply coz we didnt find it necessary. Any probs if we do not get a SSN? We are expecting GC approval any day now ( RD:Jul/31/2001).

got in a 2 weeks....

from Pittsburgh local office..
First they told they couldn\'t find info...however accepted application...said it will take months...
Suprizingly my wife ssn came within 2 weeks...
I think it shouldn\'t take much time....go to same office where you applied and enquire...that will help us to know whether your application really in processing...
However I got a question it say \'work with ins authorization only\' .....i think we will get plain card once we get GC...guess we need to change it again...

thanks.
r2b.

Applied before 30 days....

Samg,

We applied before completion of 30 days....(Chicago), SSN Office says we will not release SSN number unless it is verified by INS, at it\'ll take min 8 weeks.

SSN/EAD

I received my wife\'s EAD card yesterday and we went today to the SSN office at Peekskill, NY. There was no problem - they accepted the application. They gave her the receipt and told that SSN will arrive within two weeks. No further questions asked.

Best wishes,

Jigesh

it took about 3 months in our case

after getting EAD, my wife applied for SSN 1st week of Dec. we went there twice before March to check the status - there were still waiting to hear back from INS (?).

Two weeks ago, she received a receipt in mail.
One week ago, she received her SSN in mail.

When my wife applied for SSN at the local SSA office, they checked

immigration status and EAD and told her that INS has not yet updated information. They took the applicationa and told us that we will hear from them in 10 days. In 2 weeks she got SSN card.

You are fine....

It took 2.5 months for my wife. When we applied, they told her it would take 3 months. I called the 1-800 no after two months to check the status. They could not find it in the system and asked me to go to the local SS office. When we went there, they said it would take 4 months. So you may get it any time after two months.