SSN and credit score

Ginette

Registered Users (C)
Hello all.

I'm immigrating to USA next month.
I've been there before and I was using my health insurance from Europe.
I didn't have SSN. I'm not sure that my health insurance payed to the hospital.
What if they didn't pay? Will it affect my credit score?

Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you didn't have an SSN before, I am not sure how they could trace that debt back to your New SSN after you immigrated to the US. In any regards, with a fresh SSN, your score will be low because of the lack of history on borrowing, repaying, employment, etc. Building credit up takes several years, so be patient.

Here i want share where you explore more on credit score. Credit score and help you qualify for that new car, loan, treat yourself to that dream vacation, purchase that new home.

Some doubts about US Citizenship

Hello,

I am new here. I came here in 2006 April on Green Card and it is the time to file for my citizenship, but I am little bit worried about my Indian citizenship status and all. I am working here in a small job which is not my area so I am planning to go back and do my job. Is it adviseable to apply for citizenship. If so ?

1) Can I stay for long time once I become US Citizenship ? In that cases whether I supposed to file my tax return here. Incase I am working in outside India like Middle East again I have to file the return in US ?

2) Can I purchase any property in India even if I am a US citizen ?

3) What are the other aspects it will affect my activities in India or any other country ?

Please advise.