SS card with issue date?

TheFree

Registered Users (C)
Today I received my new SS card after I updated my US Citizen status with SSA a month ago. To my surprise, the card has an issue date printed on the lower right side. Also, the design is a bit different because it has a nice golden thick USA letters printed on the bottom.

Has anyone seen an SS card with a date on it? :confused:

Yes, it's normal. My hunch is that this is an updated design with improved anti-fraud features. Whatever ...

We have been putting aside money in the SS for years (since the H1B days) and now that we get new SS card with new date, would this effect our benefits (if any I agree LOL).

Today I received my new SS card after I updated my US Citizen status with SSA a month ago. To my surprise, the card has an issue date printed on the lower right side. Also, the design is a bit different because it has a nice golden thick USA letters printed on the bottom.

Has anyone seen an SS card with a date on it? :confused:

I did receive my new SS Card with the issue date. The card looks good.

We have been putting aside money in the SS for years (since the H1B days) and now that we get new SS card with new date, would this effect our benefits (if any I agree LOL).

No, I do not think it would affect your benefits rather it would show your new citizenship status.