spouse's interview letter arrived, not mine

citiappln

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

My husband's interview letter arrived over a week ago,but mine didn't.

Is this normal? Don't we get the same date & time?
I can't check the case status online, doesnt seem to work.

Thanks for any input
Rao

This is normal. Your dates will probably not match up. I know it's a pain...

Case status online sometimes doesn't work or doesn't get updated.

"Normal" can be something relative.

In my case ASC did not send (lost?) my fingerprints to FBI and I learn this
four month later and only after I called the local House representative.

Calling 800 number and even an Infopass apointment din not help at all.

I had my fingerprints taken for the second time but I still do not
know for sure if they are processing the case or if they are considering
my case abandoned.

While it is not necesarely to be the same situation it won't hurt to
call FBI (304-625-5590) and check if they got your fingerprints.
You can't trust USCIS.

I am in same boat. My spouse received IL but I didn't recd it yet.

I am planning to call NSC and FBI tomm. Atleast I will know the status of my application.

My inreview letter arrived 5 days earlier than my husband letter. Ours intervies are scheduled for the same date.

My inreview letter arrived 5 days earlier than my husband letter. Ours intervies are scheduled for the same date.

Did your husband called NSC for the status? I hope I will receive mine this week for the same interview date.

Good luck for your interview!

Called NSC to find out about my IL

I called NSC this morning and as per them I am placed in Queue for Interview and my name check is still pending from FBI.

Does any one know how long it takes for name check?

This may not be true, call them again and ask for IO (second level) to speak.

"I am placed in Queue for Interview and my name check is still pending from FBI."

I can tell you %99 they don't placed you in queue for interview if you name check is still pending from FBI.

It happened to me

Hi Guys,

My wife and I applied together for N-400 in april 2007, her IL came in sept 2007 and she became citizen in dec 2007. I was stuck in name check.
I got my 2nd FP in dec 2008 and IL in march 2009.

so if you didnt get letter:
1. If you are not stuck in name check..you should get within a few days/weeks
2. If you are stuck in name check, you may get it in a few months (although they have speeded up name check process so you should get it much much earlier.
3. I do not think they will misplace your file or your file lost etc..(This may occur but a very very rare occurance)
so it doesnt hurt to keep a check by calling CS/opening an ombudsman request or contacting your rep. In my case my senator did not do anything.

Good luck!

Hi Guys,

My wife and I applied together for N-400 in april 2007, her IL came in sept 2007 and she became citizen in dec 2007. I was stuck in name check.
I got my 2nd FP in dec 2008 and IL in march 2009.

so if you didnt get letter:
1. If you are not stuck in name check..you should get within a few days/weeks
2. If you are stuck in name check, you may get it in a few months (although they have speeded up name check process so you should get it much much earlier.
3. I do not think they will misplace your file or your file lost etc..(This may occur but a very very rare occurance)
so it doesnt hurt to keep a check by calling CS/opening an ombudsman request or contacting your rep. In my case my senator did not do anything.

Good luck!

What happened after March 2009? Can you provide your detailed timeline?

This may not be true, call them again and ask for IO (second level) to speak.

"I am placed in Queue for Interview and my name check is still pending from FBI."

I can tell you %99 they don't placed you in queue for interview if you name check is still pending from FBI.

I will wait for a week and then I will call them if i dont get the IL.

called USCIS and got a stock answer

Hi,

I called USCIS twice and got the answer that I haven't been scheduled for an interview yet and they refused to tell me if my FBI check is done or not. We applied in NJ (Newark).

How did the others on the forum get the information about their name check status?

My husband found out Newark FBI's number as (973) 792-3000. Called that and they said they wouldn't give out such info to civilians and that I shd call USCIS.

Basically I'm going round & round on this issue. My husband got his letter 3 weeks ago and got a quick date in June.

Do spouses who apply together get different dates for interview?

Thanks in advance
Rao

thanks

Thank you for the information.

Does the FBI number hold no matter where in the country you are? I'm in NJ.

Thanks
Rao

case status online

I put my case no and got the foll msg:

Your case can not be found at this time in Case Status Online. Please check your receipt number and try again.

My husband's case status says :

Your case information is incomplete within Case Status Online.

I guess when my msg changes to the above, they will have mailed it. Is that true?

Thanks
Rao

You Got It :)...looks like that will change when Interview Letter is mailed...Same case with us...I got mine but my wife didn't...

I put my case no and got the foll msg:

Your case can not be found at this time in Case Status Online. Please check your receipt number and try again.

My husband's case status says :

Your case information is incomplete within Case Status Online.

I guess when my msg changes to the above, they will have mailed it. Is that true?

Thanks
Rao

looks like your interview letter is mailed

Hi,

seems like your IL is mailed. wait for a couple of days.

My timeline:
N-400 applied april 2007
FP1-may 2007
stuck in NC for 2 years
FP2-dec 2008
IL-feb 2009
Interview-march 2,2009(big snow storm day)
oath letter - 17 march 2009
oath april 2, 2009.(USC)
PP-received 22-april-09