Spouse's I-485 filed after mine

kumargc12

Registered Users (C)
My wife's I-485 was filed after 6-months from mine due to some personal reasons. Now, when will my wife's Green Card approval be done? Along with mine or separately as per the date received?

This is same as my case. But my case has been transfered to local office as it is
future employment case. My wife got her fFP done.

kumargc12 said:
My wife's I-485 was filed after 6-months from mine due to some personal reasons. Now, when will my wife's Green Card approval be done? Along with mine or separately as per the date received?

Doesn't matter as long as it was filed with you as the primary applicant and before your case is approved. She will be treated as follow to join.

Approval of both the cases might happen at the same time or yours first and then hers later based on the adjudicating officer.

My Case was same too.
My RD was March 02
I filed my wife's 485 almost a year after mine. Her RD was Jan 03.
My case got transferred to Boston office and I got approved and received card by Dec 03. My Wife's case got approved in Feb 05.
So its took about 2 years for my wife's approval and it had nothing to do with my GC process; it was a seperate process. All calls to service centers were pretty much useless!!

Krishna