spouse I-485 application after I-140 approval

pathfinderprobe

Dear Friends,
My father's I-140 has just been approved. He is in the US, so he can file I-485. However, my mother is in China, and we are confused about what to do for her in order for her to immigrate to the US. We did enter her name as a dependent to be filed for in the I-140 form.
We called USCIS, and was told that they had no idea about what to do and that we should contact US consulate in China.
Also, my sister has applied for citizenship. Thus, my mother can come here as a benificiary of her or of my father. I wonder which route is faster.
We miss Mom terribly and will be very grateful for any suggestions.
Thank you for your time and thoughts.
Wenying

pathfinderprobe said:
Dear Friends,
My father's I-140 has just been approved. He is in the US, so he can file I-485. However, my mother is in China, and we are confused about what to do for her in order for her to immigrate to the US. We did enter her name as a dependent to be filed for in the I-140 form.
We called USCIS, and was told that they had no idea about what to do and that we should contact US consulate in China.
Also, my sister has applied for citizenship. Thus, my mother can come here as a benificiary of her or of my father. I wonder which route is faster.
We miss Mom terribly and will be very grateful for any suggestions.
Thank you for your time and thoughts.
Wenying

1. If your father is on H1/L1 visa - get her on H4/L2 visa. File her 485, EAD and AP.

2. Get her in US on any visa and file her 485, EAD and AP immediately.

3. Your father can also file for her FTJ - follow to join - which is I-824. Then your mother will be interviewed in China.

4. Do not worry which route is faster(and I cannot make it out as information here is not sufficient) - make use of both option.

All the best.

Dear Jharkhandi,
Thank you for your suggestions. My father holds F-1. He came here as visitor (B-2), and we changed his status to F-1 in the US. I am not sure whether my Mom can get any visa to the US, given that my father has been in the US for so long and is applying for a green card.
I will look into your suggestion #3 and take your suggestion #4.
Thank you again for such a fast response.
Wenying