Spouse H1b & EAD

Billtoo

Registered Users (C)
Hey Guys, help me with this too...

My wife has got a valid H1b till 2006 and she is working now.
She has got a EAD too -- not using it as she is with the same employer who filed for her H1b.

Now she wants to quit the job and stay home.

What steps should we take -- do we have to cancel the H1b -- what is procedure she needs to follow to start using EAD.

EAD to stay at home -- sometimes looks so weird.

All :confused: :confused:

Thanks
Billtoo

She can just stay home as a dependent to you irrespective of whether she has EAD or not. You need not do anything. If she has no EAD, to be on safe side, you might have wanted to apply for her H4. But, right now, you are fine.

Ram,

Thanks for the quick reply.

When my wife quits and stays at home what will be her status.
h1b or ead or both.

Like if she applies for h1b the next time .. will the gap be considered in H visa or EAD. As in H status U can just live for 6 years out here.

still :confused:
thanks
Billtoo

Billtoo said:
Ram,

h1b or ead or both.
Her status will be AOS pending. EAD is permission to work, not status.

Billtoo said:
Ram,

h1b or ead or both.

If she has EAD, like Volderav said, aos dependent. Otherwise, she automatically comes into a dependent(H4) status. The only cowyard then is, she couldn't work until she gets a EAD or another H1. If she wants to work again after EAD expires, then she has to apply for a new H1. I hope, this helps.

Like if she applies for h1b the next time .. will the gap be considered in H visa or EAD. As in H status U can just live for 6 years out here.

A difficult question. May be they consider everything as H visa. Confirm with a lawyer.

still :confused:
thanks
Billtoo