Spouse AOS Interview - Feb 03, 2006 Newark, NJ

manojimm

Registered Users (C)
Took all paperwork .. marriage certificate, joint bank statements, ira's, wedding dvd, wedding bills, house deed, tax paperwork for last 4 yrs (from irs -transcripts), her EAD, passport and all documents listed by other folks in this forum.

Went to 13th Floor at 8:30am for interview at that time.
Dropped the letter in the tray.
Lot of people were with lawyers .. I did not have one.
A lady took us to her cubicle and asked us how we met. what we had in common and wanted to see our common documents. Then she asked my wife some questions like how many kids we have (0) and how many times I had married before (0) and asked her to show the wedding album. She asked both of us the names of our in-laws.

Then she said that my wife was approved, and proceeded to stamp her passport. She stamped it upside down by mistake (said it was ok since she initialled the stamp).

She said we should expect the GC in 3 wks.

Total Time of Interview - 15 to 20 mts.

Oh .. I had applied for ther I-130 when I was still a GC holder. I upgraded her case once I got my citizenship.

Applied around July 14th, 05
Received stamp on her passport on the Feb 03, 2006.

This forum was very helpful in preparing for the interview. Keep sharing all this good information.

Best Regards

Manoj

My husband and I were told the same thing after the GC interview: that I was going to get my card in ten days. But surprise: after one week since the interview, I got a letter in the mail saying that in a month I need to have my I-485 code2 biometrics taken. And they already have my biometrics from my EAD, in June last year. Don't they know about each other? They are at the same office. Why in the world was I told after the interview that my green card was going to come in ten days? :confused: So, can anyone shed some light on this situation? Please help. Thank you.