Sponsorship of Parents

manojimm

Registered Users (C)
All,

1) I am a US Citizen and I would like to sponsor my father and mother who are in the states. Do I need to file 2 of I-130 and and 2 of I-485 or is it 1 I-130 and 2 I-485?.

2)Also how much time before a receipt is received after the documents are received?. Is there any way to check if everything is accepted prior to that, so that they can stop maintaining their current status?.

Best Regards

Manoj

manojimm said:
All,

1) I am a US Citizen and I would like to sponsor my father and mother who are in the states. Do I need to file 2 of I-130 and and 2 of I-485 or is it 1 I-130 and 2 I-485?.

You only need one I-130. Look under section 17. You add both their names in that section. Not too sure about I-485. I think only one is needed but you may want to check.

2)Also how much time before a receipt is received after the documents are received?. Is there any way to check if everything is accepted prior to that, so that they can stop maintaining their current status?.

You could only check before you send the documents. Once you send them, things are not in your control. Typically receipts are sent out in a week or two weeks after forms are received and entered in system, but there are exceptions.

Best Regards

Manoj

When you send your packet at the USPS you can ask for certified mail. So you can track it online and you will received a note from the USPS that your mail was received. After that it depends on the USCIS when they will send you a receipt for your applications. Some take 15-20 days.
Be very careful in your checks, if you commit an error in that part they will return all the forms back. You can check in your bank account if they cashed your checks too.

good luck,