• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Sponsor Letter

softcode1222

Registered Users (C)
Dear All

My Sponsor letter is delay due to Postal Problems. I can get email with Scanned Sponsor Letter from my sponsor, Any body have any idea if Consular will accept that kind of letter or not

Dear All

My Sponsor letter is delay due to Postal Problems. I can get email with Scanned Sponsor Letter from my sponsor, Any body have any idea if Consular will accept that kind of letter or not

Make sure you have the affidavit of support, if they ask you for it and you don't have it, they will most likely refuse the visa for missing documents and ask you to bring it on a later date.

If I was in your place, I will email the embassy and delay my interview for a later date until I receive the affidavit of support.

Got my sponsor letter

I have received Sponsor letter from my sponsor yesterday,Thanks my friend for it.

Colombo,Sri Lanka consular does not ask affidavit support. We have to submit Sponsor Letter that saying He can provide accommodation and other support until we settle down in the United Sates.

Hi

I have received Sponsor letter from my sponsor yesterday,Thanks my friend for it.

Colombo,Sri Lanka consular does not ask affidavit support. We have to submit Sponsor Letter that saying He can provide accommodation and other support until we settle down in the United Sates.

Can you post your sponsors letter format and is it same as the i-134 form?

Can you post your sponsors letter format and is it same as the i-134 form?

It is a simple A4 sheet ( words or exl) letter. It should be included sponsor ID and telephone number. Moreover simply describe about relationship between sponsor and DV winner such as a friend, relation or what ever. But this is not ask every consulate for the interview. It is defend on consulate where you face the interview. see bellow link get some idea about sponsor letter

http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?315489-DV-2011-winners-from-SRILANKA-Report-here/page18

http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?354743-DV2012-Sri-lankan-winners-my-join-here

Why do people like to do extra work, just follow what is required... follow this link and go to page 13.

It says exactly:

34. IF I AM SUCCESSFUL IN OBTAINING A VISA THROUGH THE DV PROGRAM, WILL THE U.S. GOVERNMENT ASSIST WITH MY AIRFARE TO THE UNITED STATES, PROVIDE ASSISTANCE TO LOCATE HOUSING AND EMPLOYMENT, PROVIDE HEALTHCARE, OR PROVIDE ANY SUBSIDIES UNTIL I AM FULLY SETTLED?

No, applicants who obtain a DV are not provided any type of assistance such as airfare, housing assistance, or subsidies. If you are selected to apply for a DV, you will be required to provide evidence that you will not become a public charge in the United States before being issued a visa.
This evidence may be in the form of a combination of your personal assets, an Affidavit of Support (Form I-134) from a relative or friend residing in the United States, and/or an offer of employment from an employer in the United States.

I was asked for the I-134 DURING MY INTERVIEW, also my sponsor included a letter from the bank for the past year transaction and how much they currently hold in the account, a letter of employment that they work and for the duration of employment, along with tax return paper...

They were all taken by the u.s consulate, and are required with I-134

http://travel.state.gov/pdf/1318-DV2012Instructions-ENGL.pdf

I am a 2013 DV winner from srilanka.

I have check with Srilankan US embassy regarding the sponsor.

They said, "You must submit a I-134 form from your sponsor, including the financial documents and recent tax papers attached. This is a mandatory requirement now for Diversity Visa program 2013."

Kindly advice me