Spoke with IIO today (8/9/00)

mp sol

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,

spoke with a nice IIO today. According to her, they are processing the 485 for ND upto 7/15. My ND is 7/29 and according to her, they will address it in another two weeks. It takes from 6-8 weeks from then and in my case, I should know by 10/15 according to her. What a bummer as I was expecting her to say that I was approved. But there seems to be light at end of the tunnel.

Here are my details, EB3, India, PD 8/96. RD - ND 7/99, EAC 99-229-abcde.

Hope this helps.

mps

No Title

Thanks for the info dude.
my dates are very close to yours and it gives me hope. EAC-99-226-XXXXX

When I spoke to IIO 2 weeks back I was told that it will take about 1 month to start work on my case and another month for approval.

puts it at about 10/1.

Thanks

No Title

Hi mp sol,
It does sound encouraging that the IIO told you that your ND (07/99) would be looked at in 2 weeks
and a decision would be made in 6-8 weeks. But sometimes I wonder if the IIOs are even told (or otherwise
know) what\'s going on. There are many May NDs still waiting and I wonder if they\'ll be done before sept. 30.

The next time anyone calls an IIO, please ask them if the speed of 485 processing will/will not
remain the same after Oct. 1, when the H1 wave begins. We may receive different answers but this is a critically
important piece of info. If the pace of processing slows down to take care of the H1 crowd, I\'d say, the people
approved before Sept. 30th are the lucky ones.

I also recall that there may be another audit in the last week of Sept. That leaves us with 6 weeks to go
before Oct. If there is a chance that it will slow down, we should all atleast know about it.
mo\'waiting
P.S: I don\'t mean to dampen anyone\'s enthusiasm but we need to keep tabs on INS, and communicating
on this forum is a great way to do it.