Spoke with IIO on 6/3/03 (YDAY)

nitran

Registered Users (C)
A lady picks up, I said Ello, I have a 485 application pending, can you give me the status of my case. She asked me for my EAC no. I gave it to her. She says hold on, let me pull up your case. She says after couple of secs "you case is under review". (I am like man this sucks). Then I say, since fingerprinting expires in 15 months, and my 15 months will be up in couple of weeks, what will happen? She says, if FP expires you will get a notice for fingerprinting. But since your case is with an adjudicating officer, it shouldn’t take long for a decision on your case. (I am like WHAAT!!!). Then I say, my wife has applied has applied with me too, can you check on the status of her case? She says ok, give me her EAC no, I will pull her case up. After a moment, she says her case is with an officer as well and both the cases are together. (I am like Phew!!!) I asked her if she could tell me how much time will take from today for a decision (cannot ask "WHEN WILL MY CASE BE APPROVED??") on my case. She said it should be soon as it is with an officer but it has been assigned recently …..

So Guys, don’t know what to make of this. Any guesses.

- :confused: Nitran

My Details
EAC-02-086-50***
RD: 12/31/01
ND: 1/14/02
1st EAD: 1/30/02
FP: 3/14/02
2nd EAD: 1/18/03

wow maan, you can start preparations for celebrations, it seems. Hope you won't get 2nd fp notice.

You should be happy that your and your wife's cases have been assigned to an adjudication officer. Pray hard so that he/she will approve your cases soon!

1) You could assume that it will get approved soon...
2) You can wait like my friend, who heard exact words from IIO on his case about one and a half month ago.
3) You can feel happy that it is not the standard answer.

EITHER WAY, BE HAPPY THAT YOU WERE ABLE TO CALL INS AND TALK TO IIO. SOME PEOPLE DON'T EVEN GET THE RING TONE..

my FP also expires 06/14

And my case is with an officer (since 05/14 - when I spoke to IIO)... When O When (approval!)....

what do you think about this ?

This is how it goes in the I-485 stage.....

1. They pick a bunch of cases and make it into groups.
2. Each group of cases is assigned to an officer.
3. The officer then looks to see if the procedures have been completed/papers are all good to go. If not he is going to send out either a memo or notice. All insufficient docs are sent an RFE and all FP expiries are sent FP requests to local INS.
4. The case goes back to the stack.
5. When an RFE/FP is received, it is tagged in the file with other documents in the stack by some people who are told to put these things together(not officers)
6. The case is picked up when (1) is repeated.

If one officer is slower than others, then all the cases under him are delayed and so it goes..........

What do you guyz think ? about my thoughts.......

Sorry i didnt want to disappoint anyone

In reply to prev. post ::::::

Did mean anything mean ? I wish everyone all the good luck.

response to bcooler

Hey,

As everything is vague and ambigious in the INS, any logic that anyone can make up can and will fit into that. So why not yours. huh?

take it easy
;)

- Nitran