Spoke to TSC IO - RFE will be mailed

Bobbili_Puli

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
I just spoke to a TSC IO and she said I am going to get an RFE. She said it might be Skin test but I know I did the TB test earlier in 2004. She said it is not yet assigned to an officer but once assigned they will send it to the attorney.

As of Jan 2005 my status was "waiting for Visa Number" and it was pre-adjudicated. Why will I get an RFE now? Any thoughts?

Its a simple RFE, Get a new Skin test done and send it back. Had see few cases got RFE and later got approved. No Biggie. Good Luck!

Thanks Hudakchullu

Thanks Hudakchullu. Yes, it's a simple RFE but it will just delay the case further. Lawyer has to receive the notice..he has to send it to me..etc..
Last month, I tried to contact the lawyer for about 2 weeks calling everyday but he never responded. What are my options if he doesn't respond?
GC was applied through my ex-employer. I am no longer working for them but departed on good terms. My emp is a nice guy and he wouldn't create any problems.

My dear friend, it is purely a luck to get an RFE from your attorney quickly. Otherwise, it will be a big follow-up to get the actual RFE. I have gone thru that pain process and got it only after 2 weeks with many follow-up and phone-call.

Please send a heads-up about the RFE to your attorney and request them to send it once they receive it. Good luck.

Bobbili,

Since you changed your employer, RFE will most probably be sent to your former attorney even if you have submitted G-8 for the new attorney. Keep checking with your former attorney. This happened to me. It's no wonder your current attorney will not show interest in the RFE 'cause it's not a revenue generating activity for him/her. You'll have to be on top of the RFE and respond ASAP. Don't relax till you get LUD for the RFE response. Once your case is updated with the RFE response, it's just a question of time before it's approved. Good Luck.

Bobbili,

Since you changed your employer, RFE will most probably be sent to your former attorney even if you have submitted G-8 for the new attorney. Keep checking with your former attorney. This happened to me. It's no wonder your current attorney will not show interest in the RFE 'cause it's not a revenue generating activity for him/her. You'll have to be on top of the RFE and respond ASAP. Don't relax till you get LUD for the RFE response. Once your case is updated with the RFE response, it's just a question of time before it's approved. Good Luck.

Bobbili,
I agree with anandkan. I know a few folks on these threads who got either an NOID or an RFE for the TB Skin Test (if thats what your RFE is about), but they never got any status change online nor email from CIS informing them about an RFE being sent. Some folks did get notification after the response was received. Now, the reason you need to be on top of this as anandkan suggested is because a few months ago CIS issued flexible RFE and NOID response times where the amount of time you have to respond to an RFE is set by the adjudicating officer and could be anywhere between 30/60/90 days.
And moreover, usually cases are approved within a month to 60 days after the response to the RFE is received by CIS (if the dreaded name check is all done with). Good luck.

Bobbili_Puli, is there any LUD on your case ? there should be a LUD if RFE is sent to you.

In my case I noticed a LUD and called TSC to findout what happened and TSC IO told me that there is a RFE and RFE was posted me on same day when i had LUD

contradictory , my friend called TSC a 20 days back , IO told him that they are going to send skin test RFE but no LUD and no RFE yet.

Bobbili,
I agree with anandkan. I know a few folks on these threads who got either an NOID or an RFE for the TB Skin Test (if thats what your RFE is about), but they never got any status change online nor email from CIS informing them about an RFE being sent. Some folks did get notification after the response was received. Now, the reason you need to be on top of this as anandkan suggested is because a few months ago CIS issued flexible RFE and NOID response times where the amount of time you have to respond to an RFE is set by the adjudicating officer and could be anywhere between 30/60/90 days.
And moreover, usually cases are approved within a month to 60 days after the response to the RFE is received by CIS (if the dreaded name check is all done with). Good luck.

Thanks for this concise information. Provides me with hope. It seems like me and my wife should be prime candidates for approval as both times I have called TSC they have said that my name check and finger prints are clear. Yet I'm still waiting..

Thanks

Thanks for the valuable info guys..I will keep bugging my attorney from Tomorrow. I had 3 LUD after second FP on 8/21. 8/22 might be FP results, 8/24 and 8/26. The TSC IO I spoke today said the RFE will be sent after it is assigned to an officer. I wonder if the 8/26 LUD was the RFE. will check with my attorney tomorrow.

Called TSC IO again

I called the TSC Io again today. She checked my NC, FP and said they are clear. She doesn't know about Visa# and when it will be assigned to an officer. I specifically asked her if there is an RFE. She said there is a response sent to my SR on 08/24, 08/26. She doesn't see any RFE.. Don't know whom to believe. I will call another time tomorrow and take teh majority vote. By the way my lawyer is not picking up his phone. I will fax him a letter with my new address and contact info.

Hi BP,

That is very strange - if your case is not assigned to an officer, how would you get a RFE?

Did you specifically tell the IO on the phone that you had a skin test missing? Then it could be what she meant was that you would only get an RFE when an officer picked it up.

I am kind of in a similar spot - I know we did not do the skin test so if an officer ever actually looks at my application they will probably come back with a RFE for skin test. However .... I am still in the no-man's-land of "no officer, no visa", so I probably won't get anything unless an officer gets assigned to the case.

Just curious - could you clarify?

Thanks,
dg

Hi

I got the same response from TSC IO that RFE for skin test will be mailed.
I never got RFE but got approved after couple of weeks.It might just be an note on your case but may not send RFE

Thanks

Hi DG..I didn't mention about Skin test . the first IO looked at my case with Receipt#..checked NC< FP and said they are clear. and then she said I may get an RFE mailed and it might be for Skin test. I asked if the case is assigne dto an officer and she said "no". When it is assigne dto an officer I may get RFE.

The second IO today said everything is clear..don't know about visa or officer. Then I asked if there is any RFE..she said no..I asked about LUD on 08/26 and it was a response to my SR which I have already received(extended review).
Thanks for the info bajaj78. I hop ethey don't send any RFE. waste of time. I remember doing skin test but may be the doctor didn't mention it properly in the document.

Qn abt 2nd FP Notice

Hi no_time_for_gc, Bobbili_Puli, anandkan
I am in the same situation as u guys were (NOID on TB Skin Test), Ack on 8/22/07. My FP is expired so I am anticipating second FP.

QUESTION: Will I get the 2nd FP notice or will it be sent to the Attorney, I am hoping that it will be sent to me as my 1st FP notice was sent to me and all my biometric notices for EAD are sent to me.

Guys please help me with this question......

Thanks

Bajaj78,
You did not have skit test and you are approved without RFE. That's a good news for me as I am worried about my case I did not do skin test.

Heart Attack,

For I-485 the RFE will be sent to the attorney. FP will be sent to you and your attorney as well. Sometimes you don't receive FP due to glitch in the USCIS system. I didn't receive my 2nd FP scheduled for May 16. I did not know about this until I started calling in July. One nice IO said this one day and I asked her to resend the expired FP notice. Finally I gave my 2nd FP on 8/21. If my lawyer would have informed me about 2nd FP I would have been approved by now. For EAD you will receive all correspondence if you had filed yourself.
Keep bugging your attorney reg 485 correspondence.

Heart Attack,

For I-485 the RFE will be sent to the attorney. FP will be sent to you and your attorney as well. Sometimes you don't receive FP due to glitch in the USCIS system. I didn't receive my 2nd FP scheduled for May 16. I did not know about this until I started calling in July. One nice IO said this one day and I asked her to resend the expired FP notice. Finally I gave my 2nd FP on 8/21. If my lawyer would have informed me about 2nd FP I would have been approved by now. For EAD you will receive all correspondence if you had filed yourself.
Keep bugging your attorney reg 485 correspondence.

Thanks BOBBILI_PULI -- My Attorney is just screwing me.. so I am hoping that I get the 2nd FP notice..
Question: Does the LUD change when the 2nd FP is issued.. Pl, let me know.
--- Thanks for the help ---

I didn't get any LUD for a 2nd FP when they issued in April 07. Don't look for a LUD. If you know your FP has expired call CSC and open an SR.

Thanks

Thanks Bobbili_Puli, I will do that. I think I will have to go into wait mode again and may be I wont get FP notice anytime soon cause the Visa Dates have been retrogressed (back to Apr'2001). So, wait until the Visa Dates become current again... ...

Last edited by a moderator: