Spoke to TSC IIO about FP

Ajith

Registered Users (C)
I spoke this morning with a TSC IIO about FP notices. I basically told her my and my wife's ND is 9/28/01 and we are waiting for FP. She looked up the file and said the FP were ordered around the ND!! This was hard for me to believe.

She then added me to some sort of report. She told me that her supervisor has been busy with a "more important" project and that they are not focussing on 485 issues these days. She said FP notice will "eventually be sent", but she doesn't have an idea when.

:mad:

I experienced the same thing. When I called on 12/16/2002, I was told my name was put on a report. A program will run it to generate FP notice. Nothing happens since then. But I do have a friend who got FP a week after calling just before Christmas.
It is frustrating. My ND 8/28/2001.

Well, here's my concern. Do they really order FP notices when they receive the AOS application? That sounds too good to be true. If they do, it has taken hell a lot of time - more than an year!

It looks like good IIO is been transferred to some other place. I spoke to IIO on 12/26/02, She took my details and assured me that I should get my FP within 3 to 4 weeks.

I called again on 1/7/03 & 1/16/03 to follow-up about the earlier calls. The answer was "Currently lot of backlog, Computer will schedule it automatically".

But to my surprise, I received my FP on 1/18/2003 which was dated 1/9/03 and am still waiting for my wife's FP notice.

ND : 12/2002.

My friend called on 12/27/02 and received his FP within two weeks. His ND 11/2002.

Ajith,

>Do they really order FP notices when they receive the AOS application?

When I was talking with my cousin who applied his GC in VSC sometime in 05/2001, he said that he got his FP notice within 2 months of his ND. But he had to wait for nearly a year for his approval.

Apparently VSC sends FP notice as soon as they receive the I485 application. But take a year for approval. TSC on the other hand sends FP after a year (yeah right?!), but approves the petition within 4 months (yeah right again!!).