Spoke to Senator Mccain's Office

Senthilnath

Registered Users (C)
Folks,
I called Senator Mccain's office today and brought the following issues to the immigration Staff's attention.

I understand that Mccain bill does little to solve retrogression issue. So, do not jump on me for calling Mccain's office.

Whether that bill passes or not, I asked the staff to address:

1. Modify Bill provisions such that any one who has pending/approved I-140 can cahnge jobs without "any" limitation.

2. Modify Bill Provisions such that spouse and children are not counted in employ-based visas (290,000 per year) just like in family-based visas.

3. Increase the per-country limit considering the absolute population of each country.

The immigration staff seemed to be really concerned and said that he would bring the above points to the attention of Senator. Let us see what happens.

Thanks,
Senthil

I am laughing at people's ignorance

You can call any politicians office with same questions as you called Senator Mccain's office. Guess what?.
The staff would be sypathetic and would always say that "We will look into it" or "We will bring this to senator's attention".And people are saying "Good work Senthil".!!!
I bet if you even call Laloo Prasad or Ram Vilas Paswan( Revolutionary Indian Politicians ) and complain about retrogession problem, Guess What?. They would have same answer!!!!.
I laugh at people's ignorance....hahaha...hahaha... :D :D :D :D :D

AlHindi

AlHindi is right. Just a phone call may not be enough we need to follow up this issue by writing a letter to the congressman/senator's offices.

Also I like the idea, may be some one can call Laloo and other politicians back there too and see what they can do to help. I dont see no harm in doing that. :D

Good Job

Good Job Senthil. We need this kind of proactive stuff.

We need to make the politicians aware of what will help solve the delima.
Thanks to Senthil for speaking with the staff of Sen McCain.

MDGUTS

Guys...let us stop calling Senators' offices.....The reasons are

1. We are simply telling them what they do not know.......and that will make them look at things differently.

2. By simply reforming the Bill and giving easy Green cards to DAN and SENTHIL etc...what does US companies benefit? NOTHING....so in fact we are telling the Senators to tighten laws........which will benefits US employers...

3. Okay...even if they listen....we all will be stuck in 485...as there no enough staff to process our apps.....and even if the Bill says that it has to....the INS officers will not do it fast....as they want to keep their jobs intact.....

So....we have wait.....and let us not send mixed signals to Government officers...it is going to do more harm than good....

Dan

Call, write, fax

I agree with sending them info in any way, shape or form.

Lets Keep it up. I will JOIN the yahoo group.

2500 people sending faxes, etc daily for the next few days will have a major effect. Remember the issue may be discussed next week.