spoke to officer abt my oath letter

Samyukta

Registered Users (C)
Hi..
as you may have known.. my husband and i interviewed on the same day and he received his oath letter last week and I did not.
so i called up the 800 number this morning to see whats happening. the CS rep was super helpful when i told her that for an info pass i have a LONG commute and please help me... she said she cannot pull my info so she transferred me to a uscis officer. the wait time according to the automatic voice thing was around 20-25 minutes. so i was munching down the breakfast and could not believe that an officer picked up within a minute...
then i explained to her abt the situation and she was extremely sweet and even apologized for placing me on hold..
anyway, she told me that the Oath letter was sent yesterday and it should be in my mail box soon. YAY!!!
when i got over excited and asked her the date, she said, it will be in the letter...:eek: so i shut up.
never thought INS officers can be so sweet!!!!!!!!!!!

Center: South Carolina
N-400 - 02/14/2006
Interview: 01/24/07

Hi..
as you may have known.. my husband and i interviewed on the same day and he received his oath letter last week and I did not.
so i called up the 800 number this morning to see whats happening. the CS rep was super helpful when i told her that for an info pass i have a LONG commute and please help me... she said she cannot pull my info so she transferred me to a uscis officer. the wait time according to the automatic voice thing was around 20-25 minutes. so i was munching down the breakfast and could not believe that an officer picked up within a minute...
then i explained to her abt the situation and she was extremely sweet and even apologized for placing me on hold..
anyway, she told me that the Oath letter was sent yesterday and it should be in my mail box soon. YAY!!!
when i got over excited and asked her the date, she said, it will be in the letter...:eek: so i shut up.
never thought INS officers can be so sweet!!!!!!!!!!!

Center: South Carolina
N-400 - 02/14/2006
Interview: 01/24/07

Congrates......!

Congratulations! but I think you guys are hyperventilating about this thing. Interrupting officers for a week delay can make you feel good but it screws the processing time for other folks. I believe one has all the right to call, make infopasses, and other inquiries when things are out of whack by a good distance, but not for minor things. Doing all this work for minor delays only makes everybody's time go to waste.

My 2 cents.