Spoke to IIO

tamasha77

Registered Users (C)
I spoke to IIO this afternoon.

she said my case has been assigned to an officer, but she does not know how long it is going to take. They are right now processing Dec 01 cases.

How long does it take to get the status changed after it has been assigned to an officer??

Thanks..

I think it really depends on the workload of the IIO who has been assigned to your case and also the workload of other IIOs as well. You may get a reply tomorrow or in two months(usually you may get a reply within 2 months..).But in general Case assigned is a better situation. One step closer..

Case assigned would atleast

mean that your case has been picked up and is not just hanging around( which is what it did all this time after you filed 485 ). And since they are processing Dec cases and you are having your rd in dec, it shouldn't be too far away. Hope they change the status early next month to say that they are processing early Jan or late Dec. Currently when they have Dec cases being processed, they are almost 60% done with Nov and almost 100% done with Oct. So, an ideal situation would be that they say that they are processing Feb cases.:D :D ( all wishful thinking )

By the way you have same ND as mine even though you have an earlier RD. So I hope that my case also get assigned soon.