Spoke to IIO today

Venkat Dev

Registered Users (C)
Hi All

I spoke to IIO today and he told me that my case will be in hold for another 2 to 3 months as there is regression in visa numbers.

My PD is jan 96
RD may 99
ND jun 99
FP apr 00

No Title

What regression are you talking about? The dates for EB3-India moved forward by a week. Did the IIO talk about future regressions?

No Title

Can somebody explain more clearly what this \'regression in visa numbers\' means? I thought only the dates regressed ( went back ). Does this term mean that there are no more visas available for the year ?

No Title

I don\'t get it.
What does visa numbers - either the H1B quota for the year, or the date for EB category regression - have to do with processing of I485 cases already in process at the VSC?

No Title

You have a pretty early PD, I think you should be current, it\'s so unfair to hold those who has such an early PD for the VISA number.

No Title

I spoke to a different IIO today. She aksed me why I am calling again today. I told her that I was confugsed with the response given by yesterday\'s IIO(about regressuib in numbers). She asked me about my priority date. I told her and then she said I shouldn\'t be having any problems with visa numbers. Then I asked her about my status, she told my the file is under review and I should hear with in 8 weeks.

I am not able to understand how INS works. Everyday you get different message. When I first called in JULY, the IIO told me it will take 30 to 60days. I am getting the same reply today also(after 45 days of the original 60days)

I hope everybody will be out of this misery soon.

No Title

I am mystified by this statement. The current cutoff date for EB3 is 2/8/97. Venkat Dev\'s PD is 1/96. So, the cutoff date for EB3 has to regress by at least 13 months for his PD to become non-current. A regression like this is possible but highly unlikely and speculative.

Looks like Vinod Gistik is suggesting that the annual employment based visa quota for India is exhausted. Then what is the significance the Visa Bulletin showing EB3 cutoff date moving forward to 2/8/97 for Sept. 2000? Further, if visa numbers for India are used up, then how are I485s still being approved. There are a couple of I485 approval postings even today.

No Title

May be the statement is correct. What INS Does (to my knowledge) is when an application is taken for adjucation
  1) Is Priority Date is Current
  2) Is the Visa # for that country is available
  3) Request for FP
  4) Proceed further process, if FP is thru