Spoke to IIO - July00 case still pending.

hkn

Registered Users (C)
Just spoke to a friendly IIO (09/04 11am).
She told that my case is pending to be reviewed and my FP was good.
I asked whether this meant the case is with an officer?
She said that the case is not with an officer and she also mentioned that she wasn\'t suppose to tell me that. I guess "pending" means "sitting"!
I than asked, how long do you think I\'ll have to wait? She told me to wait couple more months!!
I asked about the November cases that are being approved and she said that doesn\'t mean much.

I hope this helps.

-HKN
RD/ND:07/00,No RFE,RIR/EB2,Other

I-485 Approval

Hi,
we got our I-485 approvals.
Details are:
VSC
EB2 India,
PD : 08/99
ND : 08/00
Voice mail message changed to appoved: 08/16/01
Letter received: 08/24/01
Passport stamped: 08/29/01

Originally I had filed under regular labor in 08/98
Changed to RIR in 08/99 ( Sure saved some time )
Eventually it was more a feeling of relief that this long process
with many unknowns beyond our control is over.
You never know the value of something(freedom) till you are deprived of it. In the old times the Priests at many a temple delibratley
build the gateways with a low entrance so that entering visitors had to bow their head to get in.
I sometimes wonder if the US immigration process is designed with some delibrate delays and frustrations just to make us feel obligated.
Another story that come to mind:
When an elephant is a baby elephant, it is tied to a stake with a chain. It does not have the strength to break free. And slowly it stops trying.
Later, even when it is fully grown and can easily break the chains that hold it back, it doesn\'t even try, because long ago, it has accepted in its mind the futility of trying.
So fellow immigrants, lets not be like those baby elephants, lets break the chains that prevented us from achieving our full potential.
Cheers.
nages

Couple of more months???

This is outrageous... I dont understand the logic behind this. How can they just go to Nov and Dec cases with July and Aug cases pending without RFE? And previously VSC used to publish the dates of I-485 processing as the last date of pending cases(even if it is just 1 case)... For Eg:- Even if Nov \'00 and Dec \'00 cases are being approved, and a couple of Mar \'00 cases were not approved(without RFE or any other problem), they would publish Mar \'00 as the I-485 date being processed. Now they are happily posting Nov \'00 and Dec \'00 as the dates they are processing with 1000s of earlier cases pending.

Pending does mean ..Not assigned to Officer!

All this days I was in the same status ..they never would tell me when it was assigned to an officer...

But once the case was assigned ..twice(different IIO\'s) told me the date...