spoke to IIO 9/11 @ 11.30am

mdm

Registered Users (C)
Just spoke to an IIO. Called to ask if I should renew my EAD which expires on Nov 25.

She said my RD was Nov 21 which actually is my ND. As per my lawyer the RD was 9/19 and ND was 11/21/01.

Needless to say that she said to renew the EAD. It would suck if my app is reviewd as a Nov case.

Other than that all she said was that they were working on Sept 1, 2001 cases and my case would take atleast 3-6 months.

I guess I will try and see if my lazy lawyer will make a call and try to correct the RD.

Any other suggestions?

Cheers

RD I hope 9/19
ND I hope again 11/21
EAC-02-043-XXXXX

copy of Notice

Hey,

Don't u have a copy of your notice of receipt of I-485? That should give u all the details like RD, ND, EAC#, etc.

Thanks

copy

Unfotunately I dont. My lawyers assitance claims she gave me a a copy but I dont have one. I am going to try and get another copy from them (that is going to be a project) and then try and call the IIO back.

Alternatively I will see if the lawyer can call directly.

A couple of IIOs are confused about RD/ND. Do not worry!

They said my ND is November also sometimes. Take it easy.

to worry or not to worry ???

I spoke to IIO yesterday and she scared the hell out of me. My RD was 9/19/2001 but she said it was 11/15 (which I checked afterwards was my ND). I asked her to double check and also to check if they have any 9/19 in their records. She said no, and that it would take them at least 2 months to get to my application.

NOW FUNDAMENTAL QUESTION IS:
to worry or not to worry ????

Did she simply didn't know or confused dates
OR
when they entered record in their database someone messed up the dates???

In the second case they will definitely delay processing of my application for few months.
Going further, is there any way to make them to correct their records? Has anyone tried to do it and succeeded?

:mad:

Hello mdm,

To me, your EAC and RD do not match somehow. The three letter number in the middle represent the the number of working day in 02 (2002).

My EAC#: 02-043-xxxxx and the RD is 10/01/02 (ND 11/21/02). Not sure how your RD can be Sept. 19 with the same initial EAC#.

IIO saidsame thing abr my ND being RD.

Hi
I called IIO few days back
MY RD 09/27/2001
ND 11/20/2001
FP 03/05/2002

When Called IIO they said my case pick up by NOV 20 2001 date. not by RD 09/27/2001

I have seen some case been aproved by ND AND NOT BY RD.

Guys it is our Luck and INS wonder world :eek:

RD & ND

I think Jan, Feb 2002 guys are cool. B'cas most of them have their RD & ND the same month and just a week difference.

-------------------------------------------------

RD : 01/07/02
ND : 01/22/02
EAC-02-091-5XXXX

Re: to worry or not to worry ???

ddkk,

I am going to call them back as soon as I get a hold of the reciept notice with the date on it. If the date is anything different than Nov 21, I will try and make the INS change it. And yes I will post the details.

Sr2000

You may be right that my RD may not be 9/19 which is why I told my Attorney to look at the Notice and call me back. Although INS has been know to pile up app's and then enter them on a random date. ex. If my file was found on the 43 day then that is the day they would enter it.

Well we shall see what happens. One thing is for sure I have learnt not to wait for the lawyers or the INS. We have to pick up the phone and make it happen or else things always seem to drag.

Cheers,

mdm

Don't worry, this too shall pass...

Originally posted by ddkk
I spoke to IIO yesterday and she scared the hell out of me. My RD was 9/19/2001 but she said it was 11/15 (which I checked afterwards was my ND). I asked her to double check and also to check if they have any 9/19 in their records. She said no, and that it would take them at least 2 months to get to my application.

NOW FUNDAMENTAL QUESTION IS:
to worry or not to worry ????

Did she simply didn't know or confused dates
OR
when they entered record in their database someone messed up the dates???

In the second case they will definitely delay processing of my application for few months.
Going further, is there any way to make them to correct their records? Has anyone tried to do it and succeeded?

:mad: