Speed ticket question - Interview on 2/23

stallam

Registered Users (C)
Hello everyone,

I just realised that I answered "No" to the question "Have you ever been arrested, cited or detained by any law enforement officer?"...

I did have a speeding about 4 years ago, and the fine was paid.. (since i didn't get arrested or detained, I answered NO.. looks like I didn't read the question properly)... I do not have any proof of the payment made

My interview is on Feb 23..

Any thoughts on what I should do ? If the INS officer asks me about this question, what should I say ?

Thanks..

stallam said:
Any thoughts on what I should do ? If the INS officer asks me about this question, what should I say ?

Thanks..

Just tell the truth. What you said above should work fine.

Just a thought. if you paid your citation using a personal check, see if your bank can quickly fax you a copy of the check. That is what I had for one of the citations. The officer didn't even bother to look at it. Just punched it and added to my file.

Good Luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
speeding tickets - fine was paid by cashiers checks/money orders

Thanks houstonian-tx for your response...

If I recall, all of my speeding tickets were paid using cashiers checks / money orders...

Should I try to get my driving record from online DMV's, just to show that those fines were paid ?

What kind of additional documentation should I carry?

Thanks...

Whatever you can find in the next 3 days take it with you. I have not heard of anyone getting a DMV record in three days. But if you can, take it with you.

Hi all,

I have an an interview coming up soon. I only have one speeding ticket (Never arrested) that I got after filing my N400, and paid, and many many parking violations that I paid already a long time ago...Is it goinna be a problem at the time of the interview?? Any advices?

Thanks

There are posts here that say parking violations should not be reported. So you are fine with them. Keep proof of payment for the speeding ticket if you have it. If you know which court it is they can give you a copy .

Don't you worry about your speeding tickets. I had two tickets in the last 5 years, and before applying for the citizenship, i called the immigration line and the customer service employee specifically told me that any citation except speeding tickets. So, you have nothing to worry about. Specially that i applied for the citizenship and had my interview 2 weeks ago, everything went fine. They don't ask you about speeding tickets specifically, they would probably ask you have you ever been arrested? that's it. just relax !